The next day we had our first skiing lesson.
第二天,我們上了第一節滑雪課。
We rented our ski suits, boots and skis, and went outside onto the snow.
我們租了滑雪服、滑雪靴還有滑雪板,然后出來站在雪地上。
Wearing skis for the first time makes you feel very strange.
第一次穿滑雪板會讓你感覺怪怪的。
Suddenly you find you cannot even walk.
你突然發現你都不會走路了。
Our instructor took us onto a gentle slope, and showed us some basic skills.
我們的老師帶我們來到一個緩坡,并給我們展示一些基本技巧。
In order to go up a hill, you have to stand sideways, and go up step by step.
如果你想要上山,就必須向側面站,一步一步地走。
You must point the tips of your skis together so that you can stop.
你必須把你的滑雪板頂端指在一起,這樣你才能停下。
However the tips must not cross, or you will fall.
但頂端不能交叉,否則你會摔倒的。
You should not ski alone in case you fall and get injured.
你不可以獨自滑雪,以防你摔倒受傷。
To be honest, that first lesson was not a great success, and I kept on falling down!
說實話,第一節課并沒取得很大成功,而且我一直在摔跤。
However, the next day I definitely improved.
盡管如此,第二天我明顯進步了。
I only fell over a few times, and I managed to do a few longer runs.
我只摔了幾次,而且我還成功的滑了幾次距離較長的路。
I felt pleased with myself, and the instructor congratulated me, so I felt great.
我為自己感到高興,老師也祝賀了我,所以我感覺非常好。
Although it was very cold, I spent most of that holiday skiing.
盡管很冷,但我花了多數時間滑雪。
It was the most wonderful time of my life.
這是我生命中最精彩的時光。
Nevertheless, it was all over too soon.
然而,它結束的太快了。
Now I have decided to work part-time this summer, so I can earn enough money for another super skiing holiday.
今年夏天,我決定要做兼職,這樣我就能為下一個超級滑雪假期攢夠錢了。