Step two: searching for information
第二步:搜索信息
There are several things to take into consideration when you are searching.
在你搜索的時候,要考慮一些事。
1 Information gets old.
1 信息會過時。
Just as you might look at when a book was published, you must also check the dates of the websites you find.
正如同你會看一本書的出版日期,你必須也要檢查你所找到的站點的日期。
Many websites will say, at the bottom of the page, the date when they were last updated.
許多網站會在頁面的最下端聲明他們最后更新的日期。
Do not use information that is too old.
不要用太陳舊的信息。
2 People put information on the Internet.
2 是人把信息放到因特網上的。
Usually, people try to put correct information on the Internet, but not every person bothers to read over their own writing and make corrections.
通常地,人們會設法放正確的信息到網上,但是不是每個人都會校對他們的所寫的并修正。
As a general rule, check the source of the information you find.
一般的規則是,檢查你找到的信息的來源。
Personal web pages are not recommended for doing research.
個人網頁對于調查研究來說并不好。
Government pages or pages managed by organizations and companies you trust are much better.
政府頁面,或你信任的組織和公司的頁面所管理的頁面更好一些。
If you are not sure about the information you find, consult other web pages to confirm it.
如果你不確認你找到的信息,可以參考其他網頁來確定信息。
3 The way you type your key words makes a difference.
3 你輸入關鍵字的方式很重要。
If you use the plus symbol ‘+’, it means the same as the word ‘and’.
如果你用加號“+”,它和“and”的意思是一樣的。
You can search for ‘bird + sparrow’ and the results of your search will only be pages that have the word 'bird' and 'sparrow' in them.
你可以查找“鳥+麻雀”,然后你搜索的結果就會是只包含“鳥”和“麻雀”的頁面。
A minus symbol ‘-’ means the same as 'not', so if you want to learn about birds but you do not want any information about sparrows, you could type ‘bird - sparrow’.
減號“-”與“不”意思一樣,所以如果你想要學習鳥類而又不想要有關麻雀的信息,你可以輸入“鳥”-“麻雀”。
Then your results will be all the pages that have the word ‘bird’, but not ones that have the word ‘sparrow’.
然后你的結果里將是全部有“鳥”這個詞的頁面,但是卻沒有“麻雀”這個詞的頁面。
If you type ‘bird OR sparrow’, then your results will be web pages that have information about birds or sparrows.
如果你輸入“鳥”或“麻雀”,那么你的結果里都會是包含鳥或麻雀的頁面。