Peter, this is Mum. Are you home?
皮特,我是媽媽,你在家嗎?
Yes, Mum. I just got back a while ago.
我在的,媽媽。不久前我剛到家。
A while ago?
不久前?
But you did not have basketball practice today.
但是你今天不用做籃球訓練。
Why did you come home so late?
為什么這么晚回家?
Well, we got a physics test back today.
今天我們有物理考試。
And what has that got to do with your coming home late?
那和你回家晚有什么關系呢?
Unless you did poorly and your teacher kept you after school.
除非你考得不好,老師在放學后將你扣下了。
Oh, no. Mum, why would you think that?
噢,不。媽媽,你為什么會那樣認為呢?
I got the highest mark in the class.
我得了最高分。
So my friends and I had a small party in the bar.
因此我和我的朋友在酒吧里開了一個小聚會。
Why didn't you call to tell me?
你為什么不打電話告訴我?
I did. Your mobile phone was turned off.
我打了。但你的手機關機了。
Oh, yes. I forgot to turn it on after my meeting this morning.
噢,是的。今天早上開完會后我忘了開機。
How many marks did you get anyway?
你到底考了多少分?
93.
93分。
Wow! Now, what do you want to have for dinner?
哇,那么你晚飯想吃什么?