David, we all know you took up skateboarding at ten, but did your parents support you?
戴維,我們都知道你在10歲的時候就開始玩滑板了,但你的父母支持你嗎?
Yeah, my parents even let me skate in the house.
恩,我父母甚至讓我在家里玩滑板。
Did they?
是嗎?
Yeah! They were pretty cool.
恩!他們相當棒。
How about your school work?
那你的學業呢?
That was fine.
沒有影響。
I was able to get my school work done with good grades.
我能夠以優良的成績完成我的學業。
My only problem was that I had so much physical energy that I could not sit still in class.
唯一的問題是我體力太充沛了,我無法一動不動地坐在教室里。
Then some teachers started taking my skateboard away.
然后有些老師就開始拿走我的滑板。
That couldn’t stop you from skating?
這樣還是不能阻止你玩滑板嗎?
No way! The cool thing was that my parents managed to find me a different school.
沒門!很棒的是,我的父母為我找了另一所的學校。
The headmaster there was wonderful.
那里的校長非常棒。
He let us plan our own PE classes.
他讓我們自己計劃自己的體育課。
So guess what class I created?
你猜我開設了什么課?
Skateboarding…
滑板……
You got it. That was my PE class.
答對了。那就是我的體育課。
By that time I was turning professional and starting to show off some techniques at competitions.
那個時候,我就漸漸走上了職業滑板的道路,并開始在一些比賽上展示一些滑板技巧。
Is that when your new style became famous?
你的新風格是在那個時候開始變得小有名氣嗎?
Yeah. Other skaters had this smooth flowing style,
恩。別的滑板運動員一般都是流暢飄逸的風格,
but I was kind of like a robot, always coming up with new tricks.
但我的風格有點像機器人,總會冒出一些新點子。