Hi, Tim. Have you been here long?
嗨,蒂姆。你在這里待很久了嗎?
Hi. I arrived on Sunday. How about you?
嗨。我周日到的。你呢?
I got here a few days ago, on Saturday… oh, no, wait a minute… sorry, Friday, not Saturday.
我幾天前到的。周六……哦不,等一下,不好意思,是周五,不是周六。
But we didn't have to be here until today.
我們可以今天才來的。
Yes, I know, but I wanted to get my things moved into my room and take a look around.
是啊,我知道,但是我想把東西搬進我的房間,還有到處走走。
So, did you choose English as your major in the end?
那么,你最終選擇英語作為你的專業了嗎?
No. I changed my mind and chose history instead.
沒有。我改主意了,選了歷史。
And you are doing biology, if I remember correctly.
如果我沒記錯的話,你是學生物對吧。
Yes.
是的。
How much reading have you got?
你看了多少書啦?
I was given an amazingly long list of books to read. See?
我有一張很長的書單要讀。看到了嗎?
Well, mine isn't as long as yours, but I don't know how to get through them all.
額,我的沒你那么長。但是我不知道要怎么把它們全部看完。
Do I have to make notes while reading?
我在讀的時候要記筆記嗎?
Well, you'd better skim the books first to see what's important and what isn't.
嗯,你最好先瀏覽一下,看看那些地方是重點哪些不是。
But what if you miss something?
但是萬一你漏掉了什么東西呢?
You don't mean you're going to read every word, do you?
你不是要每個字都看吧?