n. 素描,草圖,概述,梗概
v. 速寫,草擬
您現在的位置: 首頁 > 高中英語 > 高中聽力 > 高中英語人教版全三冊 > 高中英語人教版第一冊聽力 > 正文

掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練
INTEGRATING SKILLS Reading and writing
綜合技能 讀,寫
WE'VE ALREADY MET,HAVEN'T WE?
我們見過,對嗎?
The story of how I got my new job,
這故事說的是我怎么樣得到這份新工作的。
and came to be on such good terms with my boss is a funny one.
與老板的相遇真是一個很碰巧的巧合。
It happened like this I was cycling along a street on my way to the interview.
事情是這樣發生的我騎著自行車在通過面試地點的路上
A yellow car passed me and suddenly cut in right in front of me,
一輛黃色轎車從我身邊超車,突然又停了下來,
as there was another car coming in the other direction.
因為對面正好有一輛車開過來了。
I had to brake hard and I hit another cyclist.
我只好急剎車,碰著了另一位騎車人。
We both fell,but fortunately neither of us was hurt.I was extremely angry!
我們倆都倒下來了,所幸兩人都沒有受傷。我惱火極了!
I saw that a little further up the road the traffic lights had turned red.
我看到前不遠的路口紅燈亮了。
I cycled as fast as I could
我以最快的速度騎過去
and saw that the driver in the yellow car was waiting at the red light.
我看到黃色轎車里的司機正在紅燈的地方等。
I was still so angry that I went up to tell him what I thought of him.
我仍然滿腔怒火,便決定把我對他的看法告訴他。
I cycled in front of him,
我騎到汽車前面,
got off my bicycle and laid it down on the road in front of his car
下了車,把車放倒在車頭前面的路上
so that he couldn't drive off.
這樣汽車就開不走了
Then I told him what a bad driver I thought he was.
然后我對他說,他這個司機太蹩腳了。
I told him that he had knocked two people off their bicycles
我告訴他,他把兩個騎自行車的人撞倒了,
and had nearly caused a bad accident.
差點兒出了事故。
I told him that he was a danger to other people on the road.
我告訴他,他對路上別人構成了危險。
I went on shouting at him while everyone was looking at him.
我繼續不斷沖他嚷嚷,而大家都瞧著他。
His face became red.
他的臉變得通紅
When the light turned green,I said to him,"Don't be so stupid in the future
當綠燈亮時,我對他說"以后不要做這種蠢事了,
Drive carefully so that everyone can enjoy a long life.
"開車小心點,讓人家多活幾年"
Then I picked up my bicycle and rode on.
說完后我扶起自行車,繼續往前騎
Fortunately,I was on time for the interview.
幸運的是,我及時趕上了面試。
It was an important job,and I wanted the job very much.
這次面試是為了一份很重要的工作,而我又非常想得到它
I walked into the room where three people were waiting to interview me.
我走進面試室,三位要對我進行面試的人在那兒等著我
There was a woman who was the boss of the office in which I wanted to work.
有一位婦女,是我去工作的那個部門的老板
There was a man with whom I would have to work together
還有一位是將來的同事
and finally the manager of the company-the driver of the yellow car!
最后一位是公司的經理,就是那位黃色轎車的司機
We looked at each other for a moment in great surprise and total silence.
好一會兒,我們面面相覷沉默不語
What should I do now?
現在該怎么辦呢?
I decided to look on the whole matter as a great joke!
我決定把整個事情當作是開了一次玩笑
I laughed and said,"Yes,we've already met,haven't we?
我笑著說道"對了,我們早就認識了,不是嗎?
I remember that the last time we met I did most of the talking,
我記得我們上次見面時,主要說話的是我
so perhaps I should let you do the talking this time.
"因此,這次也許我該讓你來講話了。"
For a moment I saw him thinking.
我看他慎重地思考了片刻
Then he realized that I was not going to say anything about his bad driving.
后來他意識到我不打算給別人講述任何事他那蹩腳的駕駛技術
The interview went very well.
面試非常順利
I told the company about my work experience
我向他公司談了我的工作經歷
and answered their questions as well as I could.
并且可能老實地回答了他們的問題。
Two days later I received a letter offering me the job.
兩天后我收到他們的來信,同意把這個職位給我。
I was pleased that the manager had decided not to be angry with me for having been so rude.
我很高興,經理沒有對我發怒因為我的粗暴無禮
Now I make jokes about it and say to everyone
現在我常常對大家開玩笑說,
that I dare tell my manager exactly what I think of him.
我敢對經理直言我對他的看法
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
sketch | [sketʃ] |
想一想再看 |
||
silence | ['sailəns] |
想一想再看 n. 沉默,寂靜 |
||
brake | [breik] |
想一想再看 n. 閘,剎車,制動器 |
||
haven | ['heivn] |
想一想再看 n. 港口,避難所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中, |
聯想記憶 | |
interview | ['intəvju:] |
想一想再看 n. 接見,會見,面試,面談 |
||
understand | [.ʌndə'stænd] |
想一想再看 vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為< |
||
extremely | [iks'tri:mli] |
想一想再看 adv. 極其,非常 |
聯想記憶 | |
except | [ik'sept] |
想一想再看 vt. 除,除外 |
聯想記憶 | |
rude | [ru:d] |
想一想再看 adj. 粗魯的,無禮的 |
||
applaud | [ə'plɔ:d] |
想一想再看 vi. 拍手喝采 |
聯想記憶 |

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: