Chinese architect wins major prize
中國建筑師獲大獎
I was delighted to hear the recent news that the Chinese architect, Wang Shu, has been awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
中國建筑師王澍近日榮獲普里茲克建筑學獎,喜訊傳來,我非常欣喜。
As a Canadian architect working on many projects throughout China over the last 15 years,
作為一名加拿大建筑師,我在過去的15年間參與了中國各地的眾多工程項目,
I have been fortunate to work together with many great Chinese architects and artists.
曾有幸與中國許多杰出的建筑師和藝術家們一起工作。
I was not so surprised to hear the news
聽到這個消息我并不感到意外,
as I have witnessed a cultural renaissance in the arts in China,
因為我親眼目睹了中國藝術界的一場“文化復興”,
in particular, in the fields of contemporary art and architecture.
尤其是在當代藝術和建筑領域。
I continue to be amazed by the hunger in the creative community here for individual and cultural expression.
這些創新團體對自我和文化表達的熱切渴望一再令我感到驚嘆。
Walking through Beijing’s 798 Art District, you can feel an energy in contemporary art and culture.
漫步在北京798藝術區可以使你感受到當代藝術和文化的狂熱活力。
I think the award is also timely,
我認為這個獎來得正是時候,
as we witness the “coming home” of a highly educated emerging generation of Chinese architects.
因為我們親眼看到,受過高等教育的新一代中國建筑師正在回歸。
They have learned their craft both abroad and in China.
他們接受國內外的教育,學成技藝。
This vanguard generation no longer needs to look enviably at foreign architects designing premiere projects in their homeland.
作為先鋒一代,他們不用再羨艷地看著國外設計師們可以在本國親手設計自己的建筑項目處女秀。