Alternately bored and frightened at home, the playground was his joy. On a day when he had been especially idle, he saw a very black girl taking a shortcut through the playground. She kept her head down as she walked. He had seen her many times before, standing alone, always alone, at recess. Nobody ever played with her. Probably, he thought, because she was ugly.
在家里他時而寂寞時而恐懼,因此操場成了他的樂園。這一天他感到特別無所事事,看見一個長得極黑的女孩兒從操場上穿過。走路時她一直低著頭。他在課間見過她多次,每次都是孤零零地一人站著,沒人和她一起玩。他想也許是因為她長得太丑的原因。
Now Junior called to her. "Hey! What are you doing walking through my yard?"
裘尼爾朝她喊道:“喂!你為什么在我的院子里穿行?”
The girl stopped.
女孩停住了。
Nobody can come through this yard 'less I say so.
“沒有我的允許誰都不能在院子里穿行?!?/div>
This ain't your yard. It's the school's.
“這不是你家院子,是學校的?!?/div>
現代大學英語精讀(第2版)第五冊:U10 The Bluest Eye(Excerpts)(6) 2020-01-01
現代大學英語精讀(第2版)第五冊:U10 The Bluest Eye(Excerpts)(7) 2020-01-02
現代大學英語精讀(第2版)第五冊:U10 The Bluest Eye(Excerpts)(9) 2020-01-04
現代大學英語精讀(第2版)第五冊:U10 The Bluest Eye(Excerpts)(10) 2020-01-05
現代大學英語精讀(第2版)第五冊:U10 The Bluest Eye(Excerpts)(11) 2020-01-06
But I'm in charge of it.
“可是歸我管?!?/div>
?
The girl started to walk away.
女孩準備走開。
Wait. Junior walked toward her. "You can play in it if you want to. What's your name?"
“等一下?!濒媚釥柍呷?,“如果你愿意,你可以在院子里玩。你叫什么名字?”
Pecola. I don't want to play.
“佩科拉。我不想玩。”
Come on. I'm not going to bother you.
“玩吧,我不找你麻煩?!?/div>
I got to go home.
“我得回家?!?/div>
Say, you want to see something? I got something to show you.
“對了,你想看一件東西嗎?我有一樣東西給你看。”
No. What is it?
“不想看。什么東西?”
Come on in my house. See, I live right there. Come on. I'll show you.
“到我家來??匆娏藛??我就住在那里。來吧,我給你看。”
Show me what?
“給我看什么?”
Some kittens. We got some kittens. You can have one if you want.
“一些小貓。我家有一些小貓。如果你喜歡,你可以抱走一只?!?/div>
Real kittens?
“是真貓嗎?”
Yeah. Come on.
“當然啦,來吧?!?/p>

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了:
