The voice comes up again.
又傳來播音員的聲音。
Jerry, you know him better than any of us. You're his best friend. Why don't you go down again? Try to talk to him. Plead with him. Tell him to pick out one family — Draw lots or something —
杰雷,咱們這些人里數你跟他最熟悉。你是他最要好的朋友。你何不再下去一趟呢。同他說說吧。求求他。請他挑一戶人家—通過抽簽什么的—
One family, meaning yours, Weiss, huh?
一戶人家,就是你家啰,韋斯,對嗎?
Why not? I've got a three-month-old infant —
那又怎么樣?我有才三個月大的嬰兒……
What difference does that make? Is your baby's life any more precious than our kids?
這有什么了不起的?難道你家小孩的性命比我們家的孩子的性命更貴重嗎?
I never said that. If you're going to start trying to argue about who deserves to live more than the next one —
我可從來沒有說過這種話。要是你想爭論誰應該比誰更值得活下去的話—
Why don't you shut your mouth, Weiss?
That's the way it is when the foreigners come over here. Aggressive, greedy, semi-Americans —
你干嘛不把嘴閉上,韋斯?外國佬來了,也就是這副樣子。好斗,貪婪,哪像個真正的美國人,半拉子…….
Why you garbage-brained idiot you —
你這個十足的白癡,好你個……
It still goes, Weiss! I bet you're at the bottom of the list —
他沒有說錯,韋斯!我敢斷定你就是那種蹩腳透頂的貨色。
WEISS suddenly flings himself through the crowd toward the man and there's a brief, hand–to-hand fight between them broken up by HARLOWE who stands between them breathless.
韋斯 突然穿過人群朝亨德森撲去,他們兩個隨即展開了一場短暫的格斗。哈洛氣喘吁吁地奔了過來,站到他們中間,把雙方隔開。
Keep it up, both of you. Just keep it up. We won't need a bomb. We can slaughter each other.
你們再打啊,繼續打嘛。咱們用不著等導彈飛過來。咱們自己會火并嘛。
Marty, go down to Bill's shelter again. Ask him —
馬蒂,再到比爾的防空洞走一遭吧。求他—
I've already asked him. It wouldn't do any good.
我已經求過他了,毫無用處。