Students see stars in Hollywood!
學生們在好萊塢看到明星!
Julia Carter and Roddy Wang, students from Sunshine International School, had the time of their lives during their recent visit to Hollywood.
茱莉亞·卡特和羅迪·王是來自陽光國際學校的兩名學生,他們最近去參觀了好萊塢,這讓他們高興極了。
Philip interviewed them and wrote an article about the visit for Youth Post.
菲利普采訪了他們,并就這次參觀為《青年郵報》寫了一篇文章。
'The tour of the Movie Park was the highlight of our visit to Hollywood,' said Julia.
“電影公園之旅是這次參觀好萊塢最精彩的部分,”茱莉亞說。
'The Movie Park is both an amusement park and a film studio.'
“電影公園既是主題公園也是電影工作室。”
'Tourists go there for pleasure, and film crews go there to shoot films,' Roddy explained.
“游客們到那里是為了消遣,電影工作人員到那里是為了拍攝電影,”羅迪解釋道。
I asked them which attractions they liked best, Julia said that the Dinosaur Jungle was her favourite.
我問他們最喜歡哪個場景,茱莉亞說“恐龍叢林”是她最喜歡的。
'We took a car into the place,' said Julia.
“我們坐車去的那個地方,”茱莉亞說。
'It was hot and humid, and really smelt like a jungle.
那里又熱又濕,味道真得很像叢林里。
We saw some cute little baby dinosaurs and then a big one came and chased us.
我們看到一些可愛的恐龍幼仔,后面就跟著一只大恐龍,并且還追逐我們。
I knew it was only a model, but it looked very real!
我知道那只是個模型,但看起來非常真實!
I almost jumped out of my skin when the dinosaur roared at us!'
當那只恐龍向我們吼叫的時候,我幾乎嚇得魂不附體。
Roddy was impressed by the Great Wave attraction.
羅迪印象最深的是“巨浪”的場景。
'It was really awesome,' said Hoddy, 'Everything was peaceful.
“那真是讓人驚嘆,”羅迪說,“一切都很平靜。
Then suddenly we saw a huge wave coming towards us.
突然我們看見一陣巨浪向我們撲來。
There was a terrific noise and the wave seemed to crash over the top of our car.
還有逼真的噪音,大浪似乎在車頂上散開了。
The car shook violently but we didn't get wet at all!
汽車劇烈地晃動著但是我們根本沒有濕!
The special effects were so great. I don't know how they did it.'
特效真的很棒。我不知道他們是如何做到的。”
I asked them whether they saw any famous stars.
我問他們是否見過明星。
"Yes, we did, but we had some more exciting experiences than that.
“是的,看到過。但是我們還有比這更令人激動的經歷。
We visited a film set. We saw a crew filming a scene,' Roddy said.
我們參觀了一個電影背景。我們看到一個攝制組正在拍攝一個鏡頭,”羅迪說道。
'They were shooting a scene showing some students in a school.
“他們正在拍攝學校里一群學生的鏡頭。
They needed some extras for the scene.
在這個鏡頭里,他們需要一些臨時演員。
The director asked us whether we wanted to be in the film.
導演問我們是否想加入這部電影。
To cut a long story short, the director selected me.'
簡而言之,導演選擇了我。”
Julia, whose ambition is to be an actress, admitted that she was green with envy!
茱莉亞的夢想是當一名演員,她承認當時她妒忌死了!
At the end of the interview, I asked Roddy if he enjoyed working as an extra.
采訪的最后,我問了羅迪是否喜歡當臨時演員。
He told me that it was a piece of cake for him and he really wanted to be a director.
他告訴我這對他來說只是小菜一碟,他真正想做的是想成為一名導演。