What's the matter, Peter? You look tired.
彼得,怎么了?你看上去很疲憊。
I am, Mei. Life's tough for teenagers sometimes, isn't it?
是的,梅。有時青少年的生活也很艱難,不是么?
Well, yes, it's not as easy as before.
好吧,是的。不像以前那么容易了。
It's important to my parents that I do well at school. But it's so hard for me. I need to get a good report card so badly.
對父母而言,我們在學校取得好成績很重要。但是這對我而言是如此的艱難。我迫切需要優秀的成績單。
Well, I've learnt that if you have a problem, it's important to talk it over with someone. What do you think, Ling?
好吧,我認識到如果你遇上了麻煩,和別人談談很重要。你怎么認為呢,玲?
Well, I think Peter needs to get enough sleep. For me that's harder to do now in Grade 9.
我認為彼得需要睡個好覺。對我來說,九年級要睡個好覺更難。
You're right. But I think it's more important for teenagers to work hard than to sleep more.
沒錯。但是我認為青少年刻苦學習比睡眠更重要。
Do you? But what about friends?
是么?那么朋友呢?
Of course, friends are important to every teenager, but we need to balance our time between work and leisure. And another thing…
當然,朋友對每個青少年都很重要,但是我們需要平衡工作和休閑。還有一件事...
Hey, Mark, you sound like my father!
嘿,馬克,你聽來像我爸爸一樣!
I do? Well, maybe that's because I have a close relationship with my parents. In fact, I think spending time with my parents is the most important thing.
是嗎?好吧,或許那是因為我和父母關系很親密。事實上,我認為和父母在一起才是最重要的事。