Mom Knows Best
媽媽最了解
When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side.
當我還是個小寶寶整夜哭鬧的時候,媽媽唱著歌伴我入睡。
When I was tired and hungry, she gave me food and warm arms to sleep in.
當我又累又餓時,她給我食物和伴我入睡的溫暖臂膀。
When I was two running through the field, she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger.
當我奔跑在田野中時,她確保我的安全,讓我遠離危險。
When I fell and hurt myself, she gave me a hug and lifted me up.
當我跌倒受傷時,她給我擁抱,把我扶起來。
When I was seven coughing badly, she said no ice-cream for me.
七歲時我劇烈咳嗽,她說我不能吃冰淇淋。
But I talked back loudly, "I should be allowed to eat some! Give it to me now!"
但我卻大聲反駁,“應該讓我吃些冰淇淋!快給我!”
When I was nine watching scary movies, she said it'd give me awful dreams.
九歲時我看恐怖電影,她說這會讓我做噩夢。
But I shouted back angrily, "I should be allowed to watch it! I'm not a baby!"
但我卻生氣地吼道,“應該讓我看的!我又不是嬰兒!”
When I was a teen going out with friends, she said, "Please be back by ten!"
青少年時期,我和朋友出去玩,她說,“請在十點前回家!”
But I talked back again - "I should not be told what to do! I'm seventeen now!"
但我又反駁—“不要告訴我該做什么!我已經十七歲了!”
Now I'm an adult, thinking back to those times.
現在我是成年人了,回想過去時光。
I coughed for days after eating that ice-cream
吃冰淇淋讓我整天咳嗽
And had scary dreams after watching that film
看完恐怖電影讓做噩夢
I was late for school from staying out past ten.
十點后還在外游蕩讓我上學遲到。
I regret talking back, not listening to Mom.
后悔,我不該頂嘴,不應該不聽媽媽的話。
Mom knows best, and for me she wanted only the best!
媽媽最了解,她只是想怎樣才是對我最好的!