Hi, Grace! You weren't online all day. Where have you been?
嗨,格蕾絲!你整天都沒在線。你去哪里了?
Hi, Dad. We've been busy. In the morning, we put up Chinese New Year decorations. Li Lin's grandpa wrote "福" (meaning "good luck")on red pieces of paper. I helped to put them on doors and windows.
嗨,爸爸。我們很忙。上午,我們做春節的裝飾。李林的爺爺在紅紙上寫了福字。我幫忙把它們貼在門和窗戶上。
Have you learned to write the character?
你學習寫這個字了嗎?
Oh yes. It's interesting!
哦是的。很有意思!
Then in the afternoon, I helped Li Lin's family prepare the Chinese New Year dinner. It's like our Christmas dinner.
然后下午我幫李林的家人準備春節的晚餐。就像是我們的圣誕晚餐一樣。
What have you prepared?
你們準備了什么?
We've prepared fish, tofu, fried meat balls, etc. Every dish has its meaning, like peace, good luck, good health ... And I've learned to make jiaozi!
我們準備了魚、豆腐、炸肉丸子等等。每道菜都有它的含義,比如和平、好運、健康等等。我還學了包餃子!
Have you tasted the jiaozi you made?
你嘗了你自己包的餃子嗎?
Oh yeah, they were not bad, although they didn't look as good as the others. In fact, we've just finished dinner. It lasted for three hours!
哦是的,不是那么糟,盡管看起來不如其他的好看。實際上,我們剛吃完晚餐。這頓飯持續了三個小時!
Three hours! What have you eaten?
三個小時!你們吃了什么啊?
Lots and lots! And it's not just about eating. The family wished each other, and me, good luck, and we watched TV. Everyone was so happy!
太多太多了!而且不僅僅是吃東西。他們一家人互相祝福,也祝福我好運。我們還看電視。每個人都是那么的開心!
The best thing about Chinese New Year is fireworks. Just before midnight, everyone went outside and millions of fireworks went off together. The sky suddenly became bright and everybody cheered. It was very exciting.
春節最好玩的東西就是煙花。午夜前,人們走到戶外,無數的煙花同時爆響。天空突然變得很亮,人們都歡呼雀躍。這非常激動人心。
Have you taken any photos?
你拍照片了嗎?
Oh, yes, I have. Lots of them ...
哦是的,我拍了。有很多……