Lesson 30: Science Affects Us
第30課 科學影響我們
Hi Wang Mei
你好,王梅
How are you? Everyone here is fine.
你好嗎?我們大家都很好。
Do you want to surprise your friends?
你想給朋友們一個驚喜嗎?
Brian, Danny and I did an experiment in science class this week.
上周科學課上,布萊恩,丹尼和我做了個實驗。
I suggest you try it, too!
我建議你也試一試。
First, get a jar full of water and a piece of cardboard.
首先,取一個裝滿水的瓶子,和一張硬紙板。
Cover the jar with the cardboard and turn the jar over.
紙板蓋住瓶口,然后將瓶子倒過來。
Next, take your hand off. Can you guess what happens?
用接下來,把手拿開。你能猜到發生了什么嗎?
The cardboard holds the water in the jar!
紙板托住了瓶中的水。
The air pressure pushing up on the cardboard is higher than that of the water pushing down from inside the jar.
大氣對紙板的壓力大于瓶中水對紙板向下的壓力。
The higher air pressure outside the jar holds the cardboard in place.
瓶子外面更高的大氣壓恰好托住紙板。
Science is interesting. Don't you think so?
科學很有趣。你覺得呢?
Jenny
珍妮
Dear Jenny
親愛的珍妮
I'm very well. Thanks! The experiment you did sounds interesting.
我非常好,謝謝!你做的這個實驗聽起來很有趣。
Yes, science is interesting, and it affects our everyday lives.
是的,科學很有意思。而且它影響著我們的日常生活。
Our lives would surely be very different without scientific developments.
沒有科學的發展,我們的生活肯定會截然不同。
I always wonder what life would be like without computers or mobile phones.
我常常想,沒有電腦和移動電話的生活將會怎樣。
Scientific discoveries are making our lives better and better.
科學發明正讓我們的生活變得越來越好。
This week we had some science lessons, too. I enjoyed learning about DNA.
這周我們也有幾節科學課。我喜歡學習DNA知識。
It's really one of the most amazing things on the earth!
它真的是地球上最令人驚奇的事情之一。
Scientists are doing so many new things with DNA.
科學家們正在做有關DNA的新實驗。
I think it will change the world. It will be interesting to see what happens.
我想它將會改變世界。看看將會發生什么,這一定很有趣。
Wang Mei
王梅