Unusual collections
奇葩的收藏
Sam and Helen's grandparents collect almost everything.
Sam和 Helen 的爺爺奶奶幾乎啥都收藏。
There are eight doorbells on their front door!
他們前門掛有 8 個門鈴!
“This silver doorbell is my favourite,”said Helen.
“這銀門鈴是我最喜歡的。”Helen 說。
She pushed it and soon Grandpa opened the door.
她按下它不一會,爺爺給她開了門。
“Come in, my dear grandson and granddaughter!” he said.
“進來吧,我親愛的孫子和孫女!”他說。
“Who started collecting doorbells, Grandpa?” asked Sam.
“誰開始收集門鈴了,爺爺?”Sam 問。
“Your grandma,” he answered. “She loves doorbells.”
“你奶奶,”他回答說,“她喜歡門鈴。”
“What do you like collecting, Grandpa?” asked Helen.
“那你喜歡收集什么,爺爺?”Helen 問。
“I like collecting newspapers.”
“我喜歡收集報紙。”
They went inside and saw newspapers everywhere.
他們走了進去,看到(屋里)到處都是報紙。
“Hello children!” called Grandma. “Let's have some tea.”
“你們好啊,孩子們!”奶奶說,“來喝點茶吧。”
The children followed her into the living room and saw lots of toys there.
孩子們跟著她走進客廳,看見有許多玩具。
There was hardly any space for the children to sit down.
幾乎都沒有沒地方落腳了。
“Whose toys are these?” asked Helen.
“這些玩具是誰的?”Helen 問。
“They're ours,” said Grandma. “We both like collecting toys.”
“是我們的,”奶奶說,“我們都喜歡收集玩具。”
“But remember,” said Grandpa,
“不過要記住,”爺爺說,
“we have a lot of free time! You have your school work to do,
“我們是有大把的空閑時間!你們在學校里有很多功課要做,
so you shouldn't spend too much time collecting things!”
所以你們不應該花太多時間來收集東西!”