Once upon a time, there was a little red hen.
從前,有一只小紅母雞。
She lived on a farm with a duck, a dog, and a pig.
她于一只鴨子、狗和一頭豬生活在農場中。
One day, she found some wheat.
一天,她發現了一些小麥。
“I will plant this wheat,” said the little Red Hen. “Who will help me?”
小紅母雞說,我要種植這些小麥,誰來幫助我?
Not I,quacked the duck, and she went away to swim in the pond.
鴨子叫著說,不,之后跑去水中游泳了。
Not I,barked the dog, and he went away to run in the field.
狗汪汪叫,不,他跑走了。
Not I,grunted the pig, and he went away to roll in the mud.
豬說,不,之后去泥里打滾了。
“Then I will do it myself!” said the little Red Hen. And she did.
小紅母雞說,我自己做,她做到了。
Soon the wheat began to grow.
小麥開始增長。
“I must water the wheat,” said the little Red Hen.
小紅母雞說,我必須澆澆水。
“Who will help me?”
誰來幫助我?
Not I! quacked the duck from the pond.
鴨子在河里說,不。
Not I! barked the dog from the field.
狗在路上汪汪叫,不。
Not I! grunted the pig from the mud.
豬在泥里說,不。
“Then I will do it myself!” said the little Red Hen. And she did.
小紅母雞說,我要自己做。她做到了。
Soon the wheat was ready to cut. “I must cut the wheat,” said the little Red Hen.
小紅母雞說,馬上要割麥子了。我必須割麥子。
“Who will help me?”
誰來幫我。
Not I!” quacked the duck.
鴨子叫著說,不。
Not I!” barked the dog.
狗狂叫說,不。
Not I!” grunted the pig.
豬說,不。
“Then I will do it myself!” said the little Red Hen. And she did.
小紅母雞說,我自己做,她做到了。
“I must make the wheat into flour,” said the little Red Hen.
小紅母雞說,我要把小麥制作成面粉。
“Who will help me?”
誰來幫我。
Not I! quacked the duck.
鴨子說,不。
Not I! barked the dog.
狗說,不。
Not I! grunted the pig.
豬說,不。
“Then I will do it myself!” said the little Red Hen. And she did.
小紅母雞說,我要自己做,她做到了。
“I will bake some bread with this flour,” said the little Red Hen.
小紅母雞說,我要用面粉來制作面包。
“Who will help me?”
誰來幫我。
“Not I!” quacked the duck.
鴨子說,不。
“Not I!” barked the dog.
狗說,不。
“Not I!” grunted the pig.
豬說,不。
So the little Red Hen baked the bread herself.
小紅母雞說,我要自己做,小紅母雞自己制作了面包。
When the bread was baked, and ready to eat,
面包烤好了,可以吃了。
The little Red Hen took it out of the oven.
小紅母雞把面包從微波爐中拿了出來。
“Who will help me eat the bread?” asked the little Red Hen.
小紅母雞問道,誰想吃面包?
“I will! quacked the duck and she came running out of the pond.
鴨子從湖中出來,說我吃。
“I will! barked the dog and he came running out of the field.
狗從外面跑來,說我吃。
“I will! grunted the pig. and she came running out of the mud.
豬從泥里出來,說我吃。
“Oh, no you will not!” said the little Red Hen.
小紅母雞說,你們不能吃。
“You did not help me plant the wheat, or water the wheat, or cut the wheat,
你們沒有幫我種麥子或是澆水,或是割麥子。
Or make the flour, or bake the bread. So I will not let you eat the bread.”
或是制作面粉,或是烤面包。我不會讓你們吃面包。
“I will eat it myself,” said the little Red Hen. And she did!
小紅母雞說,我要自己吃,她做到了。
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。