"Grandad," said Max.
麥克斯說,爺爺,
"I can't see the words in my book."
我看不清書上的字了。
"I will take you to the eye doctor." said Grandad.
爺爺說,我要帶你去看醫生。
The eye doctor looked into Max's eyes.
眼科醫生看了看麥克斯的眼睛。
"I will have some glasses made for you ." she said.
她說,我會給你配眼鏡。
"They will be ready next week."
眼鏡下周做好。
The next week, Max went to get his new glasses.
第二周,麥克斯去拿他的眼鏡。
He put them on.
他戴上了眼鏡。
"I can read my book, now." he said.
他說,我現在能夠讀書了。
"You can take your glasses to school in this little case," smiled Grandad.
爺爺笑著說,你可以把眼鏡裝進這個小盒子中,并把它帶到學校去。
One day,Grandad said, "Where are your glasses ,Max?
一天,爺爺說,麥克斯,你的眼鏡呢?
You can't read your books without your glasses."
沒有眼鏡你無法讀書。
"I'm not going to take them to school any more," said Max.
麥克斯說,我不會把眼鏡帶到學校去。
"A boy always laughs at me."
有個男孩一直嘲笑我。
"Come over here, Max." said Grandad.
爺爺說,麥克斯,過來。
"and look in this old photo book."
看看這些老照片。
"That is a photo of my dad." said Max.
麥克斯說,這是我的爸爸。
"Yes," said Grandad.
爺爺說,是的。
" In this photo he was six like you."
但是他只有6歲,就像你一樣。
“Your dad had glasses,too." said Grandad.
爺爺說,你的爸爸也戴眼鏡。
" You look like him,Max."
麥克斯,你很像他。
"My dad has got his glasses on in all the photos," said Max.
麥克斯說,我的爸爸在所有照片中都戴眼鏡。
"Yes," said Grandad ." He liked them."
爺爺說,是的,他喜歡戴眼鏡。
Max went over to his toy box .
麥克斯把他的玩具盒拿了過來。
"I hid my glasses in here," he said.
他說,我把眼鏡藏在了這里。
"I don't care if that boy laughs at me."
我不在乎那個人是否還會嘲笑我。
"Jake is your best friend ,"said Grandad,
爺爺說,杰克是你最好的朋友。
"and he does not laugh at you."
他沒有嘲笑你。
Max put his glasses on.
麥克斯戴上了眼鏡。
Max looked in the mirror.
他照了照鏡子。
"I do look like my dad." he said.
我確實很像我的爸爸。
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。