Passage 2
短文2
Scientific experiments have demonstrated incredible ways to kill a guinea pig, a small furry animal.
科學實驗已揭示了殺死豚鼠的驚人方法,豚鼠是一種毛茸茸的小動物。
Emotional upsets generate powerful and deadly toxic substances.
情緒不安會產生強烈致命的有毒物質。
Blood samples taken from persons experiencing intense fear or anger when injected into guinea pigs have killed them in less than two minutes.
從經歷強烈恐懼或憤怒的人的體內取得血液樣本,注射到豚鼠體內后,在不到兩分鐘的時間內就殺死了豚鼠。
Imagine what these poisonous substances can do to your own body.
想象一下這些有毒物質會對自己的身體產生什么影響。
Every thought that you have affects your body chemistry within a split second.
你的所有想法都會在一瞬間影響身體內的化學反應。
Remember how you feel when you are speeding down the highway and a big truck suddenly brakes twenty meters in front of you.
你是否記得在高速公路上加速行駛時,一輛大卡車突然在你前面二十米處剎車時的感覺。
A shock wave shoots through your whole system. Your mind produces instant reactions in your body.
沖擊波將波及你的整個身體系統。 你的思想會在體內立即產生反應。
The toxic substances that fear, anger, frustration and stress produce not only kill guinea pigs but kill us off in a similar manner.
恐懼、憤怒、沮喪和壓力產生的有毒物質不僅殺死豚鼠,而且也會以類似方式殺死我們。
It is impossible to be fearful, anxious, irritated and healthy at the same time.
人不可能在感到恐懼、焦慮、惱怒的同時保持健康。
It is not just difficult, it is impossible. Simply put, your body’s health is a reflection of your mental health.
這不僅是困難的,而且是不可能的。簡而言之,你身體的健康反映了你的心理健康。
Sickness will often then be a result of unresolved inner conflicts which in time show up in the body.
疾病往往是未解決的內心沖突的結果,這些會在以后體現在身體方面。
It is also fascinating how our subconscious mind shapes our health.
我們的潛意識如何塑造我們的健康,這一點也令人著迷。
Do you recall falling sick on a day when you didn’t want to go to school? Headaches brought on by fear?
你是否記得,不想上學的那天生???恐懼帶來的頭痛?
The mind-body connection is such that if, for example, we want to avoid something, very often our subconscious mind will arrange it.
內心和身體的聯系就是這樣的:例如,如果我們想避免某些事情,我們的潛意識通常就會做出安排。
Once we recognize that these things happen to us, we are half way to doing something about them.
一旦我們意識到這些事情發生在我們身上,我們就對它們采取了一些措施。
12.What happens to guinea pigs when blood samples of angry people are injected into them?
12.將憤怒的人的血液樣本注入豚鼠后,它們會怎樣?
13. What does the speaker say about every thought you have?
13.敘述者對人的每個想法說了什么?
14. What does the speaker say is impossible?
14.敘述者說什么是不可能的?
15. What does the passage say about our mind and body?
15.這段話怎么討論我們的身體和內心?