Conversation Two
對話二
W: Mr. De Keyzer, I'm a great lover of your book Moments Before the Flood.
女:狄凱瑟先生,我特別喜歡你的書《洪水襲來前》。
Can you tell us how you first became interested in this subject matter?
你能告訴我們你最初是怎么對這個主題感興趣的嗎?
M: In 2006, when the concert hall of the city of Bruges asked me to take some pictures for a catalogue for a new concert season around the theme of water, I found myself working along the Belgian coastline.
男:2006年,布魯日音樂廳請我為宣傳冊拍攝照片,這些照片是為以水為主題的新音樂會演奏季拍攝的,而我當時恰好就在比利時海岸線附近工作。
As there had been numerous alarming articles in the press about a climate catastrophe waiting to happen,
因為新聞媒體有很多關于氣候災難即將發生的警告性文章,
I started looking at the sea and the beach very differently, a place where I spent so many perfect days as a child.
所以我開始以非常不同的眼光看待大海和海灘,我童年在那里度過了太多的美好時光。
This fear of a looming danger became the subject of a large-scale photo project.
對即將發生的危險的恐懼成為了大規模照片計劃的主題。
W: You wrote in the book: "I don't want to photograph the disaster, I want to photograph the disaster waiting to happen.”
女:你在書里面寫道:“我不想拍攝災難的照片,而想拍攝即將發生的災難的照片。”
Can you talk a bit about that?
你能不能談一談這句話?
M: It is clear now that it is a matter of time before the entire European coastline disappears under water.
男:現在明顯的是,整個歐洲海岸線遲早會消失在水下。
The same goes for numerous big cities around the world.
世界上很多大城市也在劫難逃。
My idea was to photograph this beautiful and very unique coastline, rich in history, before it's too late—as a last witness.
我的想法是在還來得及之前——作為最后的見證者,拍下這些美麗且舉世無雙的海岸線、豐富的歷史。
W: Can you talk a bit about how history plays a role in this project?
女:你能談一談歷史在這個計劃中發揮作用的嗎?
M: Sure. The project is also about the history of Europe looking at the sea and wondering when the next enemy would appear.
男:當然可以。這個計劃還關乎著歐洲看待大海和擔心下一個敵人什么時候會出現的歷史。
In the images, you see all kinds of possible defense constructions to hold back the Romans, Germans, Vikings, and now nature as enemy number one.
在這些圖片里,你可以看到各種各樣的抵御羅馬人、日耳曼人、維京人和現在首要的自然災害的防御工程建筑。
For example, there is the image of the bridge into the sea taken at the Normandy D-Day landing site.
比如,有一張通往大海的橋的照片是在諾曼底登陸遺址拍攝的。
Also, Venice, the city eternally threatened by the sea,
還有那永久受大海威脅的威尼斯城,
where every morning wooden pathways have to be set up to allow tourists to reach their hotels.
那里每天上午都必須要搭建木制通道來讓游客們抵達他們的旅館。
W: Thank you, Mr. De Keyzer.
女:謝謝你,狄凱瑟先生。
It was a pleasure to have you with us today.
今天能請到你,真讓我們感到榮幸。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
問題5到8是基于剛才你所聽到的那段對話。
Question 5: What does the man say about the book Moments Before the Flood?
問題5:關于《洪水襲來前》,男士提到了什么?
Question 6. When did the man get his idea for the work?
問題6:該男士是什么時候得到這個作品的靈感的?
Question 7. What will happen when the climate catastrophe occurs?
問題7:氣候災難出現時會發生什么事?
Question 8. What does the man say about Venice?
問題8:關于威尼斯,男士提到了什么?
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載