Wherever you go and for whatever reason, it's important to be safe.
不管你因為什么原因要去哪兒,安全都是最重要的。
While the majority of people you will meet when travelling are sure to be friendly and welcoming, there are dangers.
雖然你旅行中遇到的大多數人都會是友好而熱情的,危險仍然存在。
Theft being the most common.
最常見的就是小偷。
Just as in your home country, do not expect everyone you meet to be friendly and helpful.
就像在本國一樣,不要想著你遇到的每一個人都會是友好而樂于助人的。
It's important to prepare for your trip in advance and to take precautions while you are travelling.
在旅行時,提前做好準備是很重要的。
As you prepare for your trip, make sure you have the right paperwork.
當你準備旅行時,確保你的證件是有效的。
You don't want to get to your destination, only to find you have the wrong visa.
你不會希望到達目的地之后才發現你的簽證辦錯了。
Or worse, that your passport isn't valid anymore.
更糟的是,你發現你的護照過期了。
Also, make sure you travel with proper medical insurance.
確定你旅行時有醫療保險。
So that if you are sick or injured during your travels, you will be able to get treatment.
這樣旅途中受傷或是生病了你能夠得到治療。
If you want to drive while you are abroad, make sure you have an international driver's license.
如果你出國后想開車,確保你有國際駕駛證。
When you get to your destination, use official transport.
當你到達目的地時,使用合法的交通工具。
Always go to bus and taxi stands.
乘坐巴士和的士車。
Don't accept rides from strangers who offer you a lift.
不要接受陌生人載你一程的提議。
If there is no meter in the taxi, agree on a price before you get in.
如果你坐的的士車沒有計價器,乘坐之前談好價格。
If you prefer to stay in cheap hotels while travelling, make sure you can lock the door of your room from the inside.
如果你更傾向于在旅行時住在便宜的旅館,確保你可以從房間里反鎖房門。
Finally, remember to smile.
最后,記住微笑。
It's the friendliest and most sincere form of communication, and is sure to be understood in any part of the world!
這是溝通中最友好,也是最真誠的方式,最重要的是全宇宙通用!