Conversation one
對話一
Hello, I have a reservation for tonight.
你好,我今晚預定了房間。
Your name, please.
請問你叫什么?
Nelson, Charles Nelson.
納爾遜,查爾斯·納爾遜。
OK, Mr. Nelson. That's a room for five and...
好的,納爾森先生。那個房間是5……
But excuse me, you mean a room for five pounds? I didn't know the special was so good.
請原諒,你的意思是一間房5英鎊?我不知道特價房這么便宜。
No, no, hold on, according to our records, a room for 5 guests was booked under your name.
不,等等。根據我們的記錄顯示,你的名下預訂了一個為5個客人住的房間。
No, no. Hold on. You must have two guests under the name.
不,等等。我定的肯定是兩人的房間。
OK, let me check this again. Oh, here we are.
好的,讓我再查查。在這里。
Yeah?
怎么樣?
Charles Nelson, a room for one for the 19th...
查爾斯·納爾遜,19日需要一個單間……
Wait, wait. It's for tonight, not tomorrow night.
等等。是今晚,不是明晚。
Em, I don't think we have any rooms for tonight. There's a conference going on in town and er, let's see, yeah, no rooms.
W: 今晚可能沒房間了。城里有一個會議,讓我看看,沒空房了。
Oh, come on! You must have something, anything!
拜托!你們肯定還有房,任何房間都行!
Well, let, let me check my computer here...Ah!
讓我查查電腦……啊!
What?
什么?
There has been a cancellation for this evening. A honeymoon suite is now available.
今晚有一個取消了。現在有一個蜜月套房可以住。
Great, I' II take it.
太好了,我要了。
But, I 'II have to charge you 150 pounds for the night.
但是今晚我得收你150英鎊。
What? I should have a discount for the inconvenience!
什么?我本該因為這次不便而享受打折優惠!
Well, the best I can give you is a 10% discount plus a ticket for a free continent breakfast.
我最多給你10%的優惠外加一張免費的早餐券。
Hey, isn't the breakfast free anyway?
早餐不是本來就免費嗎?
Well, only on weekends.
只在周末如此。
I want to talk to the manager.
我想跟經理談談。
Wait, wait, wait...Mr. Nelson, I think I can give you an additional 15% discount.
等等。納爾森先生,我想我可以給你追加15%的優惠。
Questions 19 to 22 are based on the conversation you've just heard:
基于你聽到的回答問題19至22。
Question 19.What's the man's problem?
問題19. 男人的問題是什么?
Question 20. Why did the hotel clerk say they didn't have any rooms for that night?
問題20.為什么酒店員工說那晚沒有任何空房了?
Question 21. What did the clerk say about the breakfast in the hotel?
問題21.關于酒店的早餐,員工說了什么?
Question 22. What did the man imply he would do at the end of the conversation?
問題22.在對話的最后,男人暗示他要做什么?