Conversation Two
對話二
May I see your license, please?
我能看看你的駕照嗎?
But officer, did I do something wrong?
但是警官,我做錯什么了嗎?
Do you mean to say you didn't see the speed limit sign back there?
你是說你沒看到剛才的限速標志嗎?
Um, no, madam, I guess I didn't.
沒有,女士,我猜我沒看到。
In other words, you drove by too fast to read it. The sign says 35m/h. A school is just nearby, you know?
換句話說,你開得太快了才沒看到,標致上寫著35m/h。附近有一個學校。
Don't get me wrong, but my speedometer didn't read much faster than that.
別誤會,但是我的速度計上沒顯示那么快。
Then, why is it that my radar showed you are going 45? Let me put it another way. I'm going to give you a ticket. Again, may I see your license, please?
為什么我的雷達顯示你到了45m/h?這么說吧,我得給你開罰單了。再說一次,我能看看你的駕照嗎?
Here it is, officer. But let me explain. I was late for an important appointment and I was worried that I wouldn't make it on time. So...
給你,警官。但是讓我解釋一下。我有一個重要的約會快遲到了,我擔心我不能按時趕到。所以……
Uha, just a minute, here. Your license is no longer valid. You should have renewed it two weeks ago. I'm going to have to write you up for that, too.
等等,你的駕照過期了。你應該在兩周前更新。我還得記下這個。
What? Really?
什么?是嗎?
Your license becomes invalid on your birthday and that was two weeks ago according to the date here. You are in violation of the law—driving without a valid license.
你的駕照在你生日那天過期了,根據日期顯示是在兩周前。你違法了,未持有效證件駕駛。
I'm sorry, madam. I hadn't realized that.
對不起,女士。我不知道。
Here's the ticket for not having a valid license. But I'm only going to give you a warning about exceeding the speed limit. Be careful next time.
這是未持有效證件駕駛的罰單,但是關于超速我給予你警告,下次小心點。
Yes, madam, officer, I will. Thank you.
是的,警官,我會的,謝謝。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
問題22至25是基于你剛才聽到的對話。
Question 22. Where was the man stopped by the police officer?
問題22. 男士在哪被警察攔下的?
Question 23. What did the man claim about the speed limit sign?
問題23. 男士對限速標志說了什么?
Question 24. What did the woman say about the man's driving license?
問題24. 關于男士的駕照,女士說了什么?
Question 25. What was the man's penalty?
問題25. 男士受到了什么處罰?