Ⅳ.對話篇
Jeff: Hey Joan. Do you want to have lunch with me today?
杰夫:嗨瓊!今天愿意跟我一起吃午餐嗎?
Joan: I would love to, but I have already accepted an invitation to eat with Mr Singh from the marketing department.
瓊:很愿意,可我已經接受了市場部辛格先生的邀請跟他一起吃飯。
Jeff: Isn’t he Indian?
杰夫:他不是印度人嗎?
Joan: Yes, he is from India. What does that matter?
瓊:對,他是從印度來的。這有什么關系嗎?
Jeff: Well, he will want to have hot curries for lunch.
杰夫:他午餐會點熱咖喱。
Joan: I cannot believe how ignorant you are some days. Do you eat hamburgers everyday just because you are an American?
瓊:有的時候我真的不敢相信你是多么無知。就因為你是美國人你就要每天吃漢堡包嗎?
Jeff: Of course not. That would be stupid.
杰夫:當然不是,那樣很愚蠢。
Joan: That’s right! Maybe Mr Singh would enjoy Japanese food for lunch?
瓊:沒錯!也許辛格先生午餐想吃日本菜呢。
Jeff: Great! I love Japanese food. Can I join you?
杰夫:太好了!我很喜歡日本菜。我能跟你們一起去嗎?
Joan: Only if you promise to be culturally sensitive!
瓊:除非你保證對文化敏感一點兒!
adj. 不知道的,無知的,愚昧的