Woman: Could you tell us how you started with Hacker?
女:能給我們講講你是怎么創建的駭客公司嗎?
Man: I got into Hacker almost by accident.
男:我幾乎是偶然間進入駭客公司的。
I was chief executive of a meat trading firm called FMC Harris, which was subject to a hostile take-over.
我曾是一家名為FMC哈里斯的肉類貿易公司首席執行官,這家公司遭到惡意收購。
At 9am one morning my boss was fired, and by 9.10am I was out too.
一天早上九點鐘,我的老板被解雇了。
I spent eight weeks with no job, a wife and children to support, and a house to pay for.
到九點十分時,我也被解雇了。我失業了八周,我要養活妻子和孩子,還要還房貸。
Then I was approached by Hacker to set up a UK branch for them.
后來,駭客公司聯系我,他們想設立一家英國分公司。
I was reluctant at first, but after a trip to Hacker's headquarters in the US to discuss it, I was chasing them!
起初我很不情愿去做,但在去了美國總部和他們討論之后,我努力和他們合作!
Woman: It's a big company. Who do you actually work with on a daily basis?
女:這是一家大公司,你每天都和誰一起工作呢?
Man: The rest of the management team arrives at around 9am.
男:管理層的其他人大約上午9點到公司。
I work closely with a team of six, including my PA, Alice Lang.
我和一個六人團隊緊密合作,成員包括項目助理艾麗斯·郎。
She is an integral part of the management system. I was lucky to find her, as it's almost impossible to find the right person for the job.
她是管理層不可或缺的一部分。我很幸運能找到她,因為幾乎找不到適合這份工作的人。
The ideal employee is someone who is willing to work hard and someone who can adapt to the way we work.
理想的員工是一位愿意努力工作的人,同時還能夠適應我們的工作方式。
Woman: Uh-huh. Right, so let's get you up to lunch-time.
女:嗯。好吧,我們來聊聊你的午餐時間吧。
After your early start, you must be ready for lunch quite early, too.
你那么早起床,午餐也一定很早就吃了吧。
Man: Yes, though the actual time varies from day to day.
男:是的,雖然實際午餐時間每天都不一樣。
I try to avoid business lunches because I still have the afternoon ahead to contend with.
但我盡量避免吃商務餐,因為我還有整個下午要應付。
I don't enjoy lengthy meals. So I usually just have a sandwich in the office with Alice.
我不喜歡花很長時間吃午餐,所以我通常和艾麗斯在辦公室吃三明治。