W: Human Resources.
女:這里是人事部。
M: Hello, Neil Andrews here. I understand you've managed to recruit a new assistant for my office?
男:你好,這里是尼爾·安德魯斯。據我所知,你已設法為我的辦公室招聘到一名新助手。
W: Oh yes, Neil, would you like to take down the details?
女:哦,是的,尼爾,你要把細節記下來嗎?
M: Please. Can I have her surname?
男:是的。能告訴我她的姓氏嗎?
W: Well, it's Shappen, S-H-A-P-P-E-N, and it's Ms.
女:Shappen, S-H-A-P-P-E-N,是位女士。
M: That's an unusual name. OK. Now, can she begin on the fourth of July, as I requested?
男:這個名字很不常見。好的。那么,她能按照我的要求在7月4日開始工作嗎?
W: Ah, good news there. We've actually been able to bring that forward to the twenty eighth of this month.
女:啊,有個好消息。我們其實已經把這個日期提前到本月28日了。
M: June? Oh, that's great. We're so busy, it'll make a real difference.
男:6月?哦,太好了。我們太忙了,這會有很大幫助的。
W: I've got everything set up for her.
女:我已經為她安排好了一切。
M: A phone line?
男:電話分機呢?
W: Yes, and she'll be on extension 5-4-5-0. We've used all the five-four-fours.
女:是的,她的分機是5-4-5-0。544開頭的我們都用了。
M: Oh right. And what about email?
男:哦,對。那電子郵件呢?
W: Easy. Her address'll be Rachel - that's R-A-C-H-E-L ......
女:簡單。她的地址是Rachel,R-A-C-H-E-L…
M: and then at horsham dot com.
男:然后是@horsham.com。
W: Yeah, as normal. We have not got any other Rachels. And then there's her password ...
女:是的,就像平常一樣。我們沒有其他叫Rachel的同事了。還有她的密碼…
M: Oh, for the network?
男:哦,網絡的密碼?
W: Uh huh, it's F-T-Z-O-7-9.
女:是F-T-Z-O-7-9。
M: Oh, mine's just numbers.
男:我的只有數字。
W: We've got a new system now.
女:我們現在有了一個新系統。
M: Oh, I see. And her pay?
男:我明白。她的薪資呢?
W: Yes, she'll be on grade C, to begin with, that's seventeen to nineteen and a half thousand - she'll be getting seventeen thousand, two hundred and fifty.
女:是的,她開始會在C級,也就是17.5K到19.5K,她會拿到17250。
M: Fine. Well, I'd like to send her a letter to welcome her.
男:很好。嗯,我想給她寫封信歡迎她。
W: Good idea. She lives at a hundred and sixty three-B, West Street. That's in Kenford.
女:好主意。她住在西街163號b。在Kenford。
M: OK, thanks a lot.
男:好的,非常感謝。
W: No problem.
女:沒事。