日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 雙語有聲讀物 > 冰與火之歌 > 冰與火之歌之冰雨的風暴 > 正文

第276期:權力的游戲冰雨的風暴 凱特琳(08)

編輯:sophie ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

“Has Lord Walder forgotten that we are fighting a war?”

“瓦德大人難道忘了我們還在打仗?”

Brynden Blackfish asked sharply.

黑魚布林登尖刻地指出。

“Scarcely,” said Lothar.

“他沒有忘,”羅索道,

“That is why he insists that the marriage take place now, ser.

“正因為沒有忘,才要求婚禮立刻舉行。爵士先生,

Men die in war, even men who are young and strong.

您知道,打仗是要死人的,即便年富力強的天之驕子也不例外。

What would become of our alliance should Lord Edmure fall before he took Roslin to bride?

假如艾德慕大人在與蘿絲琳成親之前有個三長兩短,我們的盟約怎么辦呢?

And there is my father’s age to consider as well.

此外,我父親的日子所剩無多,

He is past ninety and not like to see the end of this struggle.

年過九旬的他害怕自己等不到這場戰爭的勝利之日,

It would put his noble heart at peace if he could see his dear Roslin safely wed before the gods take him,

若能在蒙諸神寵召之前,看見自己心愛的小蘿絲琳有所依靠,想必能讓他的心靈得到平靜。

so he might die with the knowledge that the girl had a strong husband to cherish and protect her.”

他泉下有知,也將含笑看著自己的女兒有個好丈夫愛著她、保護她。”

We all want Lord Walder to die happy.

我們都希望瓦德大人早早含笑九泉,

Catelyn was growing less and less comfortable with this arrangement.

對這番安排,凱特琳越來越不安。

“My brother has just lost his own father.

“我弟弟剛失去父親,

He needs time to mourn.”

需要時間來哀悼復元。”

“Roslin is a cheerful girl,” said Lothar.

“蘿絲琳是個快樂的女孩,”羅索說,

“She may be the very thing Lord Edmure needs to help him through his grief.”

“考慮到艾德慕大人的現狀,她將是最佳伴侶。”

“And my grandfather has come to mislike lengthy betrothals,”

“我父親受夠了遙遙無期的訂婚,”

the bastard Walder Rivers added.

“雜種瓦德”粗聲喝道,

“I cannot imagine why.”

“您知道這是為什么?”

Robb gave him a chilly look.

羅柏冷冷地橫了對方一眼,

“I take your meaning, Rivers.

“我很清楚,河文。

Pray excuse us.”

現在,很抱歉,可否請你們暫時回避?”

“As Your Grace commands.”

“遵命,陛下。”

Lame Lothar rose, and his bastard brother helped him hobble from the room.

跛子羅索起身,由私生兄弟攙扶著蹣跚地走出房間。

Edmure was seething.

佛雷們前腳剛出門,艾德慕立刻勃然大怒,

“They’re as much as saying that my promise is worthless.

“他們竟認為我的承諾一錢不值!

Why should I let that old weasel choose my bride?

憑什么要這條老狐貍為我挑老婆?

Lord Walder has other daughters besides this Roslin.

瓦德大人的女兒多的是,

Granddaughters as well.

還有成群的孫女,

I should be offered the same choice you were.

當初和你許婚時,他可是準你自行挑選的。

I’m his liege lord, he should be overjoyed that I’m willing to wed any of them.”

我是他的封君!我隨便選哪個,他都該感到無上榮幸才對!”

“He is a proud man, and we’ve wounded him,” said Catelyn.

“他是個驕傲的人,而我們傷害了他。”凱特琳說。

“The Others take his pride!

“異鬼才在乎他的驕傲!

I will not be shamed in my own hall.

我不要在自家廳堂里蒙羞,

My answer is no.”

我的答案很簡單:不!”

Robb gave him a weary look.

羅柏疲憊地看了看舅舅,

“I will not command you.

“這件事上,我不會下命令,

Not in this.

一切取決于你自己。

But if you refuse, Lord Frey will take it for another slight, and any hope of putting this arights will be gone.”

但你要記住,一旦拒絕,佛雷侯爵將把這當作另一次侮辱,我們便再無可能獲得他的協助。”

“You cannot know that,” Edmure insisted.

“你不明白,”艾德慕堅持,

“Frey has wanted me for one of his daughters since the day I was born.

“打我出生那天起,瓦德·佛雷就千方百計想讓我娶他的女兒,

He will not let a chance like this slip between those grasping fingers of his.

這一回,他絕不會放過大好機會。

When Lothar brings him our answer, he’ll come wheedling back and accept a betrothal …

就讓羅索帶著我的回復去見他,之后他定會再來……

and to a daughter of my choosing.”

直到答應由我自行挑選為止。”

“Perhaps, in time,” said Brynden Blackfish.

“你說的或許沒錯,但那需要時間,”黑魚布林登道,

“But can we wait, while Lothar rides back and forth with offers and counters?”

“我們能等嗎?我們可以坐等羅索這么來回奔波嗎?”

Robb’s hands curled into fists.

羅柏握手成拳,

“I must get back to the north.

“我必須盡快返回北境。

My brothers dead, Winterfell burned, my smallfolk put to the sword …

我的兄弟遭謀害,城堡被焚毀,子民受屠殺……

the gods only know what this bastard of Bolton’s is about, or whether Theon is still alive and on the loose.

諸神有眼,誰知道波頓的私生子究竟是好是壞?席恩·葛雷喬伊下落如何?

I can’t sit here waiting for a wedding that might or might not happen.”

我不能坐在這里,等待一場不知何時確定的婚禮。”

“It must happen,” said Catelyn, though not gladly.

“必須立刻確定,”凱特琳心不甘情不愿地說,

“I have no more wish to suffer Walder Frey’s insults and complaints than you do, Brother, but I see little choice here.

“弟弟,我和你一樣,無法接受瓦德·佛雷的侮辱和抱怨,但我們別無選擇。

Without this wedding, Robb’s cause is lost.

沒有這場婚姻,羅柏的事業必敗無疑。

Edmure, we must accept.”

艾德慕,我們必須答應他的條件。”

“We must accept?” he echoed peevishly.

“必須?”徒利公爵煩躁地說,

“I don’t see you offering to become the ninth Lady Frey, Cat.”

“凱特,你可不會答應成為第九任佛雷夫人吧!”

“The eighth Lady Frey is still alive and well, so far as I know,” she replied.

“據我所知,佛雷的第八個老婆還活著,而且活得很健康。”她回答。

Thankfully.

謝天謝地,

Otherwise it might well have come to that, knowing Lord Walder.

假如不是這樣,天知道瓦德侯爵會不會提出這個無理要求。

The Blackfish said,

黑魚替她解了圍:

“I am the last man in the Seven Kingdoms to tell anyone who they must wed, Nephew.

“侄子,你知道,七大王國里,沒有誰比我更不配來勸說婚嫁之事了。

Nonetheless, you did say something of making amends for your Battle of the Fords.”

但不管怎么樣,我認為你必須為渡口之戰的緣故,向國王作出一點補償。”

“I had in mind a different sort of amends.

“補償?我有很多想法,

Single combat with the Kingslayer.

比如,和弒君者決斗?

Seven years of penace as a begging brother.

加入乞丐幫修行七年?

Swimming the sunset sea with my legs tied.”

綁住大腿在落日之海游泳?”

When he saw that no one was smiling, Edmure threw up his hands.

沒有任何人發笑,弟弟終于認輸了,

“The Others take you all!

“天殺的,異鬼把你們全抓走!

Very well, I’ll wed the wench.

很好,很好,我就和這個婊子成親,

As amends.”

作為補償。”

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
bastard ['bæstəd]

想一想再看

adj. 私生的,錯誤的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋

聯想記憶
cherish ['tʃeriʃ]

想一想再看

vt. 珍愛,撫育,珍藏

 
nonetheless [.nʌnðə'les]

想一想再看

adv. 盡管如此(仍然)

 
worthless ['wə:θlis]

想一想再看

adj. 無價值的,無用的,可鄙的

 
slight [slait]

想一想再看

adj. 輕微的,微小的,纖細的,脆弱的
vt

 
arrangement [ə'reindʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 安排,商議,整理,布置,商定,[音]改編,改編曲

聯想記憶
mourn [mɔ:n]

想一想再看

v. 哀悼,憂傷,服喪

 
lengthy ['leŋθi]

想一想再看

adj. 冗長的,漫長的

聯想記憶
pride [praid]

想一想再看

n. 自豪,驕傲,引以自豪的東西,自尊心
vt

 
grasping ['grɑ:spiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 貪心的,貪婪的 adj. 抓的,緊緊抓住的 動

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 少女第一季| call me by your name电影| 女总裁电视剧大结局| 赤牙×柒cp| 环太平洋豆瓣| 谭耀文演的电影| 李正夏| 姬培杰| 女女调教| 一线钟情 电视剧| 我在皇宫当巨巨| 网络谜踪 电影| 何玲| 电影《村小的孩子》完整版| 妈妈的朋字韩剧| 水儿武士电影完整免费观看| 彭丹丹主演的经典电影| 朱莉娅·奥蒙德| 电视剧《节妇》在线观看| 破晓东方演员表名单| 67pp| 抓特务| 周韦彤写真| 侦探们的镇魂歌国语版在线观看| 散文诗二首批注| 寡妇激情| 陈剑月| 杯弓蛇影读后感| 林忆莲唱哭李宗盛现场| 山水微信头像| 玫瑰的故事剧照| 山上的小屋免费阅读小说全文| 日本电影小小的家| 董佳妮| 电影男女| 767股票学习网| 恋人电影| lanarhoades在线av| 心跳影视| 郑艳丽曹查理主演的影片| 红色诗集手抄报简单又漂亮|