“I wish I had a flaming sword.”
“我也想要一把火焰劍。”
Arya could think of lots of people she’d like to set on fire.
我也想要很多人在我面前著火逃竄。
“It’s only a trick, I told you.
“那不過是小把戲,我告訴你,
The wildfire ruins the steel.
野火會毀壞鋼鐵,
My master sold Thoros a new sword after every tourney.
每次比武會后,我師傅都賣給索羅斯一把新劍,
Every time they would have a fight about the price.”
每次都會爭論價格。”
Gendry hung the tongs back up and took down the heavy hammer.
詹德利將鉗子掛回去,然后取下沉重的錘子。
“Master Mott said it was time I made my first longsword.
“莫特師傅說是我打自己第一把長劍的時候了。
He gave me a sweet piece of steel, and I knew just how I wanted to shape the blade.
他給了我一塊上好的鋼材,我知道該怎么做。
Only Yoren came, and took me away for the Night’s Watch.”
尤倫卻在這時候把我帶走,帶去當守夜人。”
“You can still make swords if you want,” said Arya.
“如果你愿意,仍然可以鑄劍呀,”艾莉亞道,
“You can make them for my brother Robb when we get to Riverrun.”
“等我們到達奔流城,你就可以為我哥哥羅柏鑄劍了。”
“Riverrun.” Gendry put the hammer down and looked at her.
“奔流城。”詹德利放下錘子,望著她,
“You look different now. Like a proper little girl.”
“你看起來不一樣了,你像個體面的小淑女。”
“I look like an oak tree, with all these stupid acorns.”
“我看起來像棵橡樹,渾身都是笨乎乎的橡果。”
“Nice, though. A nice oak tree.”
“但你高雅,很高雅,你是一棵高雅的橡樹,”
He stepped closer, and sniffed at her.
他走上前嗅嗅她,
“You even smell nice for a change.”
“連氣味也變得高雅。”
“You don’t. You stink.”
“你卻不是。你臭烘烘的。”
Arya shoved him back against the anvil and made to run, but Gendry caught her arm.
艾莉亞將他朝砧板推去,然后拔腿就跑,不料胳膊卻被一把拽住。
She stuck a foot between his legs and tripped him, but he yanked her down with him, and they rolled across the floor of the smithy.
她踢他胯下,并把他絆倒,然而詹德利將她一起拽翻,兩人在鐵匠鋪的地板上打鬧翻滾。
He was very strong, but she was quicker.
詹德利強壯,艾莉亞靈活,
Every time he tried to hold her still she wriggled free and punched him.
每次男孩想抓她,都被她扭動掙脫。
Gendry only laughed at the blows, which made her mad.
她使勁打他,他卻哈哈大笑,把她氣壞了。
He finally caught both her wrists in one hand and started to tickle her with the other,
最終,詹德利用一只手擒住她兩個手腕,另一只手撓她癢癢,
so Arya slammed her knee between his legs, and wrenched free.
艾莉亞便順勢拿膝蓋頂他胯下,再次掙脫。
Both of them were covered in dirt, and one sleeve was torn on her stupid acorn dress.
等她站起來,發現兩人混身灰塵,而那笨乎乎的橡果裙有只袖子撕裂了。
“I bet I don’t look so nice now,” she shouted.
“我打賭,現在我看上去不那么高雅了,”她喊道。
Tom was singing when they returned to the hall.
回到大廳時,湯姆正在唱歌:
My featherbed is deep and soft,
我的羽床柔軟深陷,
and there I’ll lay you down,
我的愛人躺臥其間。
I’ll dress you all in yellow silk,
我愿給你穿上絲衣,
and on your head a crown.
我愿為你戴上寶冠。
For you shall be my lady love,
你將成為我的愛妻,
and I shall be your lord.
我將當上你的夫婿。
I’ll always keep you safe and warm,
我會用劍守護著你,
and guard you with my sword.
令你永遠溫暖平安,
Harwin took one look at them and burst out laughing, and Anguy smiled one of his stupid freckly smiles and said,
哈爾溫不經眼間回頭一看,頓時暴笑出聲,安蓋的雀斑臉上也露出笨乎乎的笑容,他說,
“Are we certain this one is a highborn lady?”
“別弄錯了,她到底是不是好人家的女兒喲?”
But Lem Lemoncloak gave Gendry a clout alongside the head.
檸檬斗篷則給了詹德利一耳刮,
“You want to fight, fight with me!
“要打跟我打!
She’s a girl, and half your age!
她是個女孩,年齡只有你一半!
You keep your hands off o’ her, you hear me?”
別碰她,聽明白了嗎?”
“I started it,” said Arya.
“是我開的頭。”艾莉亞道,
“Gendry was just talking.”
“詹德利只是說話而已。”
“Leave the boy, Lem,” said Harwin.
“放過那男孩吧,檸檬,”哈爾溫說,
“Arya did start it, I have no doubt.
“是艾莉亞開的頭,我毫不懷疑。
She was much the same at Winterfell.”
她在臨冬城就這樣。”
Tom winked at her as he sang:
湯姆邊唱邊朝她眨眼睛:
And how she smiled and how she laughed,
樹仙子嫣然飄飄,
the maiden of the tree.
樹仙子笑聲飛揚,
She spun away and said to him,
旋開身軀朝他言語,
no featherbed for me.
我不需要羽毛之床。
I’ll wear a gown of golden leaves,
愿穿一襲金葉長裙,
and bind my hair with grass,
愿以青草束起長發,
But you can be my forest love,
愿你當我的森林愛人,
and me your forest lass.
我是你的森林姑娘。
“I have no gowns of leaves,”
“我沒有金葉長裙,”
said Lady Smallwood with a small fond smile,
斯莫伍德夫人和藹地微笑,
“but Carellen left some other dresses that might serve.
“但凱瑞琳還留下其他衣服。
Come, child, let us go upstairs and see what we can find.”
來吧,孩子,我們上樓看能找到什么。”
It was even worse than before; Lady Smallwood insisted that Arya take another bath, and cut and comb her hair besides;
這回比上回更糟;斯莫伍德堅持讓艾莉亞再洗一遍澡,然后修剪梳理頭發,
the dress she put her in this time was sort of lilac-colored, and decorated with little baby pearls.
換上的裙服乃是淡紫色,飾有細小珍珠。
The only good thing about it was that it was so delicate that no one could expect her to ride in it.
惟一的好處是,它如此精致,沒有人認為她能穿這身衣服騎馬。
So the next morning as they broke their fast, Lady Smallwood gave her breeches, belt,
所以第二天早晨用餐時,斯莫伍德夫人給她拿來馬褲、皮帶
and tunic to wear, and a brown doeskin jerkin dotted with iron studs.
和束腰短裝,以及一件鑲鐵釘棕色鹿皮背心。
“They were my son’s things,” she said.
“這是我兒子的,”她說,
“He died when he was seven.”
“他七歲時死了。”
“I’m sorry, my lady.”
“我很遺憾,夫人。”
Arya suddenly felt bad for her, and ashamed.
艾莉亞突然替她難過起來,并且感到十分羞愧。
“I’m sorry I tore the acorn dress too. It was pretty.”
“很抱歉撕壞了那件橡果裙子,它很美。”
“Yes, child. And so are you. Be brave.”
“是啊,孩子,你和它一樣美。請勇敢起來。”