be true to oneself 忠于自己
Be true to yourself in all things.
在任何事情上都要忠于自己。
Be true to yourself - don't pretend if you do not like a situation.
不要欺騙自己——如果你不喜歡什么,不要偽裝。
people-pleaser 討好者
I've always been a bit of a people pleaser.
我一直有點討好性人格。
Live with integrity, do what you say you'll do, and always be true to who you are.
誠信生活,做你說過要做的事,要做真實的自己。
unabashedly 不害羞地,不難為情的
I like it that she unabashedly admits putting herself in the first place.
我喜歡她毫不難為情地把自己放在第一位。
I proffer a few of my own unabashedly biased opinions.
在這里我大膽提出自己的一些片面觀點。
provider 供應者、養家者
She's been the family's provider since a very young age。
她很早就擔起了養家者的角色。
Many mothers see their son as a potential protector and provider.
許多母親將她們的兒子看作是潛在的保護人和贍養人。
muck up 把......弄糟
Too much of this can muck things up.
老是這樣會把事情搞砸的。
Scientists should figure out how to keep the natural world from mucking up the affairs of people.
科學家應該想辦法防止大自然擾亂人類的活動。
authentic 真實的,真正的
I don't know if the painting is authentic.
我不知道這幅畫是不是真跡。
News on CCTV is more authentic.
中央電視臺的新聞更可靠。
first-rate 第一流的
second-rate 第二流的
The food here is absolutely first-rate.
這里的食物絕對是第一流的。
Be a first-rate version of yourself instead of the second-rate version of someone else.
做一流的自己,不做二流的別人。
disenchanted 不再著迷的、不再抱幻想
The electorate had grown disenchanted with politics.
選民已變得對政治不再抱幻想。
I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with London.
我對倫敦漸漸不那么眷戀了。