blind-date 相親
She is arranging a blind date for me.
她在給我安排相親。
She never goes on blind dates.
她從來不去相親。
persistently 一次又一次地;堅持不懈地
I told her, persistently.
我一次又一次地告訴她。
The allegations have been persistently denied by ministers.
這些說法被部長們一再否認。
come to terms with 接受(令人不快的事物);與某事妥協
It's OK. I've come to terms with the facts.
沒關系,我已經接受了現實。
I tried. I failed. I've come to terms with it.
我試過但沒成功,我已經妥協了。
brazen 無所顧忌的;肆無忌憚的
This is brazen.
這太無恥了。
That brazen guy told lie after lie.
那個厚臉皮的家伙謊話連篇。
gauche 拘謹的;不善交際的
We're all a bit gauche when we're young.
年輕的時候我們都有點放不開。
She was a rather gauche creature.
她是個非常不善交際的人。
softie 有同情心的人;心軟的人
He is a softie.
他是個容易心軟的人。
There's no need to be afraid of him ─ he's a big softie.
沒必要害怕他——他心腸特好。
on and off 不時地;斷斷續續地
The girl he dated went out with him on and off.
和她約會的女孩不時地和他出去。
I have worked there on and off for almost ten years.
我在那里斷斷續續地工作了近十年。
三角戀 love triangle
I didn't sign up for some creepy love triangle.
我當初可不是為了惡心三角戀而和你在一起。
It eventually turned into a love triangle.
這最后變成了一段三角戀。
blank out 刻意忘記
You can just laugh at it and blank it out.
你可以笑一笑,然后把這件事忘記。
I learned to blank those feelings out.
我學著努力忘記那些感覺。
onus 職責;責任
The onus is on the government.
這個責任在政府身上。
I believe the onus is upon us to vote down the project.
我認為我們有責任否決這項工程。