You know, you may say you want to go to Chicago,
你們知道,你們可能會說想去芝加哥,
but it's gonna be hard to get there if you keep buying tickets to Las Vegas.
但如果你們一直買去拉斯維加斯的票,就很難到達芝加哥。
I think we don't realize how important time is.
我認為我們沒有意識到時間的重要性。
When we couldn't communicate at the speed of light, we didn't think about it that much.
當我們無法以光速溝通時,我們就不會想那么多。
But things do take time like the time it takes for your brain to work on a problem.
但一切都需要時間,就像你們的大腦需要時間解決問題一樣。
And chemical reactions take time. Mourning a loss takes time.
化學反應需要時間。為失去的事情哀傷需要時間。
In fact, all the transitions of our life take time.
事實上,我們生活中的一切轉變都需要時間。
Getting your brain or your body in shape takes more than a weekend no matter what they tell you in the brochure.
不論他們在宣傳冊里怎么說,要讓你們的大腦或身體變得健康所花費的時間絕不僅僅只是一個周末。
It takes time for a species to adapt to changes in the environment that we cause,
物種也需要時間適應我們人類引發的環境變化,
which makes us one of the most dangerous species that's ever lived.
這也使我們成為有史以來最危險的物種之一。
We can make changes in the environment,
我們能改變環境,
so rapid that nature doesn't have time to replenish species that can live in that changed that environment.
且改變速度如此之快,以至于大自然來不及補充能夠適應新環境的物種。