want to curl up and die 羞愧得想死
I was so embarrased; I wanted to curl up and die.
我真的很羞愧,只想找個地縫鉆進去。
take umbrage at sth 認為受到冒犯(或羞辱)
He took umbrage at the idea that he wasn't qualified for the job.
“他不夠資格勝任這個個工作”的看法把他惹毛了。
take offence 認為受到侮辱,冒犯
I take offence at the idea that I'm not a real Canadian because I'm not white.
因為我不是白人而認為我不是加拿大人,這個看法把我惹毛了。
I take offence whenever people try to white my skin in photos.
他們把我的照片修白皮膚;我認為這是在侮辱我。
leave a bad/nasty taste in the mouth 使后來感到厭惡(或羞恥);留下壞印象
My recent breakup left a bad taste in my mouth.
我最近這次失戀讓我覺得很羞恥。
Failing my exam left a nasty taste in my mouth.
考試沒過讓我覺得很羞恥。
add insult to injury 傷害之余又侮辱,(冒犯別人)令關(guān)系惡化
Not only did she break up with me, but to add insult to injury, I found out she is now dating my best friend.
她不止是甩了我,而且還侮辱我--她竟然跟我最好的朋友在一起了。