Well, how do you solve this? Hmm.
要怎么解決這個問題呢?嗯。
It turns out, we have solved it! We solved in computers 20 years ago.
實際上我們已經解決了!我們20年前就用電腦解決了。
We solved it with a bit-mapped screen that could display anything we want. Put any user interface up.
我們用一個可以顯示任何我們想要的東西的位圖屏幕解決了這個問題。顯示任何用戶界面。
And a pointing device. We solved it with the mouse, right? We solved this problem.
這就還需要一個指點設備。我們用鼠標解決了這個問題,對吧?這個問題已經解決了。
So how are we going to take this to a mobile device?
那么我們如何將其應用到一臺移動設備上呢?
What we're going to do is get rid of all these buttons and just make a giant screen, a giant screen.
我們要做的是去掉所有這些按鈕,只留一個巨大的屏幕,巨大的屏幕。
Now, how are we going to communicate this? We don't want to carry around a mouse, right? So what are we going to do?
現在,我們要怎么傳達指令呢?我們可不想隨身帶著鼠標,對吧?那我們要怎么做呢?
Oh, a stylus, right? We're going to use a stylus. No. Who wants a stylus?
哦,一支手寫筆,對吧?我們可以用一支手寫筆。才不要呢。誰想要一支手寫筆???
You have to get em and put em away, and you lose em. Yuck. Nobody wants a stylus. So let's not use a stylus.
你要一會兒拿出來,一會兒收起來,然后你就把這東西弄丟了。呸。沒人想要手寫筆。所以我們不要用手寫筆。
We're going to use the best pointing device in the world.
我們要使用世界上最好的指點設備。
We're going to use a pointing device that we're all born with -- born with ten of them. We're going to use our fingers.
我們要用一種我們生來就有的指點設備,生來就有十個。我們要用的就是我們的手指。
We're going to touch this with our fingers.
我們要用手指來觸控。
And we have invented a new technology called multi-touch, which is phenomenal. It works like magic.
我們發明了一種叫做多點觸控的新技術,這個技術非常了不起。就像魔法一樣。

You don't need a stylus. It's far more accurate than any touch display that's ever been shipped.
你不需要手寫筆了。它比以往任何一款觸屏都要精確得多。
It ignores unintended touches, it's super-smart.
它可以忽略無意的觸摸,超級智能。
You can do multi-finger gestures on it.
你可以在它上面做多手指操作。
And boy, have we patented it.
而且伙計們,我們已經申請了專利。
So we have been very lucky to have brought a few revolutionary user interfaces to the market in our time.
我們非常榮幸地為我們這個時代的市場帶來了一些革命性的用戶界面。
First was the mouse. The second was the click wheel. And now, we're going to bring multi-touch to the market.
第一種是鼠標。第二種是點擊式轉盤?,F在,我們要把多點觸控引入市場。
And each of these revolutionary interfaces has made possible a revolutionary product -- the Mac, the iPod and now the iPhone.
這些革命性的界面使得革命性的產品成為了可能--比如說Mac, iPod和現在的iPhone。
So, a revolutionary interface. We're going to build on top of that with software.
這是一個革命性的界面。我們將在此基礎上開發軟件。
Now, software on mobile phones is like baby software.
現在手機上的軟件就像嬰兒軟件一樣。
It's not so powerful, and today we're going to show you a software breakthrough.
沒有那么強大,而今天我們將向你展示一個軟件上的突破。
Software that's at least five years ahead of what's on any other phone.
比其他手機至少領先五年的軟件系統。
Now how do we do this? Well, we start with a strong foundation. iPhone runs OS X.
我們怎么做到的呢?我們從一個堅實的基礎開始。iPhone上運行的是OS X系統。