Hi! How are you all doing? Are you sure?
大家好!你們過得好嗎?你們確定嗎?
Well, let me just tell you, it is beyond a pleasure and an honor to be here with all of you today.
好的,我告訴大家,我今天萬分開心和榮幸和你們聚在一起。
I want to start by thanking President Krislov for that very kind introduction,
首先,感謝Krislov校長親切的介紹,
as well as all of the trustees, the faculty, the staff here at Oberlin.
謝謝歐柏林學院校董事會和全體教職工。
I also want to tell you how proud and how moved I am to receive this honorary degree from this particular school
同時,我想告訴大家,可以接受這所如此特別學院的榮譽學位,我感到自豪和感動,
the first college in America to officially embrace the admission of black students,
歐柏林學院是美國第一所正式接收黑人學生的學校,
and the first co-ed school to grant bachelor's degrees to women.
也是第一所授予女學生學士學位的男女同校的學校。
I should be here today.
今天,我應該出現在這里。
Oberlin is likely the only college in America that I could have attended nearly two centuries ago,
兩個世紀前,歐柏林學院是全美唯一一所我可以上的大學,
and I am honored to be part of the extraordinary legacy of this great institution.
我很榮幸能夠成為這座偉大學院的一部分。
I also want to take a moment on this Memorial Day to pay tribute to all of the brave men and women
同時,我想借著陣亡紀念日的機會,致敬那些勇士們,
who have sacrificed their lives so that we could sit here today,
他們犧牲了自己的性命,所以我們今天才可以坐在這里,
at peace, with rights and freedoms that others around the world can only dream of.
享受全球其他國家人民都夢寐以求的和平、權利和自由。
I am so proud to honor these American heroes today -- and every day -- for their extraordinary service to our nation.
我很自豪在今天以及每一天都向這些美國英雄們致敬--感謝他們為這個國家做出的杰出貢獻。
And I'm also a little giddy to be joined on stage by another one of my heroes, Marian Wright Edelman.
我更加激動不已,因為我的另一位英雄瑪麗亞·賴特·埃德爾曼,也在這個臺上。
Her moral leadership on behalf of children in this country has inspired me throughout my career,
她在美國兒童權利事業上的領導力一直鼓勵著我的職業生涯,
as well as my husband, the President of the United States.
也激勵著我的丈夫,美國的總統。
And, graduates, I think we should give another shout-out to your families, of course, all the families.
畢業生們,我認為我們需要再次感謝你們的家人,當然,所有學生的家人。
These are the folks who pushed you and supported you.
正是他們不斷鼓勵和支持你。
They answered your late-night phone calls even when you were just calling for money.
他們在深夜接聽你的電話,哪怕你只是打電話向他們要錢。
So on behalf of your students, I just want to show you all some love today, as well.
所以,我代表所有的學生,向在座的各位家人表達感謝。
Thank you for creating these fabulous individuals. Well done.
謝謝你們培養了這些出色的人士。做得漂亮。