I am at work. The phone rings.
我在辦公室上班,電話響了起來。
It is the art museum. A painting is missing. They need my help.
是美術館打來的。有一幅畫失蹤了。他們需要我幫忙。
I go to the art museum. I see the boss.
我到美術館去,會見了館長。
He tells me about the painting. The painting is expensive.
他對我描述了那幅畫,那幅畫很昂貴。
But the painting has an alarm. A thief cannot usually steal the painting.
可是設有警鈴以防竊盜竊,賊通常不可能偷得走那幅畫。
But today is Wednesday. A worker always turns off the alarm on Wednesdays. Then he cleans the painting.
可是今天是星期三。有一名員工總是會在星期三關掉警鈴,然后清潔那幅畫。
I see a worker. He is sitting in a room. He is upset.
我看到一個員工,他坐在一個房間里。他很懊惱。
I go into the room. I talk to the worker.
我走進房間里和那名員工談話。
"Where do you clean the painting?" I ask.
“你都在哪里清潔那幅畫?”我問。
"I usually clean it in the workshop," he says. "But today, I cleaned it in the kitchen."
“我通常都在工作室里清潔那幅畫,”他說,“可是今天我在廚房里清潔。”
"Where is the painting?" I ask.
“那幅畫呢?”我問。
"I don't know," he says. "I am not a thief. I went to the men's room. I came back. The painting was gone."
“我不知道,”他說,“我不是小偷。我去了男廁,回來的時候畫就不見了?!?/div>
I go outside. I talk to the boss.
我到外面去,找了館長談話。
"That worker is the thief. I'm sure," says the boss. "He turns the alarm off on Wednesdays."
“我很確定,那個員工就是竊賊,”館長說,“他都在星期三關掉警鈴?!?/div>
"Where were you?" I ask.
“你當時在哪里?”我問。
"I was in the museum's shop all day," says the boss. "And I never go into the kitchen."
“我整天都在美術館的禮品店,”館長說,“而且我從來不會到廚房去?!?/div>
"Ah, ha!" I say. "I can solve this case! Give me the painting!"
“啊哈!”我說,“我可以破解這件案子!把畫拿來!”

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: