be busy (with something) 忙(于某事)
be occupied 被占用了,沒時間
I am occupied.
我很忙。
work one's butt off 工作很忙,很努力賣命地工作
Hey, let us go out clubbing.
嘿,一起出去嗨一嗨吧。
I'm working my butt off.
我工作都快忙死了。
be tied up 忙得不可開交的,不得閑地
Hey, I cannot go out today because I am tied up with work.
嘿,我今天不能出去,我工作超級忙。
a million things 很多很多事情
Hey, I cannot go out today I have like a million things to do.
嘿,我今天不能出去了,我有巨多的事情要做。
to be piled up 堆疊,堆積(成山)
My work keeps on piling up without an end… so I do not think I will make it today!
我的工作越堆越多都沒完了...我猜我今天應該是去不了了。
be booked 被預定,被占用,沒空
Hey, I am sorry but I am all booked today. Can I have a raincheck?
嘿,不好意思我今天時間都排滿了。我們能改天嗎?
be in the middle of something 正忙于某事
當你在忙碌時接到電話
Hey, do you have a minute?
嘿你有時間嗎?
Hey, I am sorry… I am kind of in the middle of something. I will call you back in a bit.
嘿不好意思,我現在有一點點忙。我待會兒給你回電話。
no time to catch one's breath 連喘口氣的機會都沒有
當你和一個人約好見面,你遲到了,對方就會說
Hey, finally you are here! Care to explain yourself?
嘿,你終于來啦!要不要解釋一下?
Hey, sorry I didn't even have time to catch my breath... Give me a second.
嘿,不好意思,我連喘口氣的機會都沒有,等我一下啊。
on the go 忙個不停,忙得不可開交
let's go out! Come on... It has been a while!
出去嗨吧!拜托... 好久都沒出去玩了!
I am sorry but my new work always keeps me on the go!
不好意思!我的新工作真的太忙了!