地點:莫妮卡公寓的客廳
人物:老友六人
事件:羅斯買了一條新皮褲,穿上很滑稽,錢德勒拼命忍住不做評論。
劇情片段
Chandler: Ross is wearing leather pants! Does nobody else see that Ross is wearing leather pants? Someone comment on① the pants!1
錢德勒:羅斯穿了條皮褲!你們沒看見羅斯穿了條皮褲嗎?沒人評價一下這皮褲嗎!
Rachel: I think they’re very nice.2
瑞秋:我覺得挺好看的。
Monica: I like ’em.②
莫妮卡:我挺喜歡的。
Joey: Yeah!
喬伊:是啊!
Monica: I like them a lot.
莫妮卡:我特別喜歡這條皮褲。
Chandler: That’s not what I had in mind ! See, people like Ross don’t generally wear these types of pants. You see, they’re very tight. Maybe there’s something in that area.
錢德勒:我可不是這么想的。像羅斯這種人通常不會穿這種類型的褲子。你們看,這里太緊了。對這個部位你們也沒什么想說的嗎?
Ross: Oh see, I–I needed a new thing for today and there’s this leather store that I go by③ always smells so good and I thought to myself, “Wow, I never owned④ a really good smelling pair of pants before.”
羅斯:哦,你看,我,我今天需要嘗試一些新的東西,然后有一家我總是路過的皮衣店,那里的味道一直很好聞,然后我就想:“我之前從來沒買過一條聞著很香的褲子。”
Chandler: Oh come on!3
錢德勒:我受不了了!
Ross: Okay, seriously, what do you think ⑤?
羅斯:行了,說真的,你們覺得怎么樣?
Joey: You look like a freak.4
喬伊:你像個變態。
Rachel: Awful, absolutely awful.
瑞秋:太難看了,難看死了。