地點:莫妮卡公寓外的走廊
人物:莫妮卡,瑞秋
事件:莫妮卡警告瑞秋不要向羅斯表白。
劇情片段
Monica: Rach? Can I talk to you for just a minute? I–I dropped some socks.1
莫妮卡:瑞,我能跟你談談嗎?我掉了幾只襪子。
Rachel: Yeah.
瑞秋:好。
Monica: What is the matter with you? Do you want to fall into the trap①?
莫妮卡:(瑞秋走出去到門外走廊上,莫妮卡生氣地說)你吃錯什么藥了這是?你想要自找麻煩嗎?
Rachel: Ohh! You did not drop any socks!
瑞秋:(左右環顧)哦!你根本就沒有掉什么襪子!
Monica: I just ran into② Dave and he told me that you blew him off③! I mean, you listen to me! Now, I’m calling the shots④! I say you leave Ross alone and go get Dave!2 What the hell were you trying to do?
莫妮卡:我剛剛碰到戴夫,他說你把他打發走了!你給我聽好了!我來發號施令!我要你離開羅斯,然后去找戴夫。你到底想要怎樣啊!
Rachel: Well, ultimately, I was trying, I–I wanted… tell him you know, that I’m still in love with⑤ him.
瑞秋:那個,基本上,我在努力,我想要……想要告訴他,我還愛他。
Monica: What? You cannot tell him that!
莫妮卡:什么?你不能對他那樣說!
Rachel: Why? Why not? People love to hear that!3
瑞秋:為什么?為什么不行?這種話喜聞樂見,大家都想聽!
Monica: No. I make the decisions, and I say no.
莫妮卡:不行,這里我說了算,我說你不許這樣做!
Rachel: Well, you know what, no, you do not make my decisions because …you’re fired.⑥
瑞秋:嗯,你知道嗎,不行,你不能再幫我做決定了,因為……(抱臂嚴厲狀)你被解雇了!
Monica: You can’t fire me. I make your decisions and I say, “I’m not fired!” Ha!4
莫妮卡:(倒抽一口氣)你不能解雇我。你的決定都要歸我管,那么我決定我自己沒被解雇!哈!
Rachel: Well…
瑞秋:既然是這樣……