Conversation A
對話A
Susie: Today is my grandmother's birthday!
蘇西:今天是我祖母的生日!
Rob: What's your grandmother's name?
羅布:你祖母叫什么名字?
Susie: Diane.
蘇西:黛安。
Rob: Isn't Diane your middle name?
羅布:黛安不是你的中間名嗎?
Susie: Yes! My parents gave me my grandmother's name.
蘇西:是啊!我爸媽為我取了我祖母的名字。
Rob: That's nice. It's good to remember our relatives.
羅布:真好。能夠紀念我們的親人是很好的事情。
Susie: I agree. Is Rob the name of one of your relatives?
蘇西:我同意。羅布是你親人的名字嗎?
Rob: No, but my Chinese name is a lot like my father's name.
羅布:不是,可是我的中文名字和我爸爸的名字很像。
Conversation B
對話B
Linda: Taylor, will you please talk to Alex?
琳達:泰勒,可以請你找阿萊克斯談?wù)剢?
Taylor: Um, OK. Why?
泰勒:呃,好啊,為什么?
Linda: His foolish new middle name. He wants to call himself Alex Super.
琳達:他挑了個愚蠢的中間名。他想要把自己叫做阿萊克斯·超級。
Taylor: That's funny.
泰勒:真好玩。
Linda:,F(xiàn)unny? It's childish!
琳達:好玩?這樣太幼稚了!
Taylor: Maybe, but it's his decision.
泰勒:也許吧,不過這是他的決定啊。
Linda: I know, but he shouldn't be so slly. Please have him change it.
琳達:我知道,可是他不該這么傻氣。請叫他改掉。
Taylor: OK, don't worry. I'll talk to Alex.
泰勒:好,別擔心,我會找阿萊克斯談?wù)劇?/p>