SIX. Water Hanging Plants. Home.
給懸掛的植物澆水。家居類。
If you can't quite reach a hanging plant with a watering can, ice cubes might help.
如果你用灑水壺夠不著懸掛的植物,那冰塊可能會幫到你。
Just toss several cubes into the pot. Bonus: The slow-melting ice won't cause a sudden downpour from the drain hole.
就是往盆里放幾個冰塊。緩慢融化的冰不會引起排水口的突然放水。
SEVEN. Take Your Router Out of the Closet. Technology.
把路由器從壁櫥里拿出來。科技類。
"Having open space for its signal can make a remarkable improvement on your Wi-Fi speed,"
“給路由器的信號留出開放空間可以顯著提高你的無線網速度。
explains Ryan Hansen, a Verizon Business Internet specialist.
威瑞森商務互聯網專家瑞恩·漢森解釋道。
Hansen also notes that if you have a big home, the distance from the router to your devices might create connectivity issues.
漢森還說道,如果你家很大,路由器到你設備的距離可能會造成連接問題。
To create a seamless network, it might be worth investing in Wi-Fi extenders. They start at about $30.
為了擁有一個無縫連接的網絡,你值得買一個無限網擴展器。
EIGHT. Rinse Whole Grains. Food.
洗凈全谷物。食物類。
Even though grains such as rice, barley, and quinoa are boiled in water or broth until tender,
像大米、大麥和藜麥這樣的谷物,即使它們在水中或肉湯中煮至變軟,
they require an earlier round of rinsing to remove excess starches, dirt, and germs.
它們也需要一開始的浸洗來除掉多余的淀粉、污垢和細菌。
Plus, quinoa has a natural coating of saponin, a substance that gives it a bitter taste.
而且藜麥有一層天然的皂素,它有一種苦澀的味道。
NINE. Save on Prescriptions. Money.
在處方上省錢。金錢類。
Even if you have insurance, ask whether your prescription will cost less if you pay for the drug directly.
即使你有保險,請詢問如果你直接買藥的話,你的處方是否價格更低。
Sometimes that price is less than your insurance co-pay.
有時這種價格比你的保險自費要更低。
If the drug is covered by your insurance plan and your pharmacy participates in your plan,
如果你的保險計劃中包括藥物,你的藥房也參與了你的計劃,
most insurers will count a purchase such as this toward your out-of-pocket expenses, so it will still help you fulfill your deductible.
大多數保險公司會將這樣的購買計入你的自付費用,所以它仍然會幫助你完成你的免賠額。
Just be sure to complete any necessary paperwork.
要確保完成所有的文書工作。