So, graduates, that's what I want for all of you.
畢業生們,這就是我對你們的期望。
I want you all to stay true to the most real, most sincere, most authentic parts of yourselves.
我希望你們能夠忠于自己最真實、最誠摯的想法。
I want you to ask those basic questions:
我希望你們問問自己這些基本的問題:
Who do you want to be? What inspires you? How do you want to give back?
你想成為什么樣的人,什么激勵了你,你想如何去回報?
And then I want you to take a deep breath and trust yourselves to chart your own course and make your mark on the world.
然后,深呼吸放松,相信自己,去規劃自己的人生,為這個世界貢獻自己的力量。
Maybe it feels like you're supposed to go to law school -- but what you really want to do is to teach little kids.
這感覺就像是別人認為你應該去上法學院,但是你真正想要做的是幼兒園教師。
Maybe your parents are expecting you to come back home after you graduate
或是你的父母希望你畢業后回家,
but you're feeling a pull to travel the world.
但你更想去環游世界。
I want you to listen to those thoughts.
我希望,你去傾聽內心的想法。
I want you to act with both your mind, but also your heart.
既要有理性的思考,也要遵從內心的想法。
And no matter what path you choose, I want you to make sure it's you choosing it, and not someone else.
無論你選擇什么樣的道路,我希望你能確保這是你自己的選擇,而不是別人替你做的決定。
Because here's the thing -- the road ahead is not going to be easy.
因為事情是這樣的--前面的道路不會容易走。
It never is, especially for folks like you and me.
永遠也不會,特別是對你我這樣的人來說。
Because while we've come so far, the truth is that those age-old problems are stubborn and they haven't fully gone away.
因為雖然我們已經走了這么遠,但事實是,那些歷史遺留下的問題非常頑固,還沒有完全遠離我們的生活。
So there will be times, just like for those Airmen,
這就需要時間,就像那些飛行員,
when you feel like folks look right past you, or they see just a fraction of who you really are.
你可能被人們忽略,或者他們只能看到部分真實的你。
The world won't always see you in those caps and gowns.
人們并不總是關注你的學位帽和學位服。
They won't know how hard you worked and how much you sacrificed to make it to this day
他們不會知道,為了這一天你付出了多少努力和汗水。
the countless hours you spent studying to get this diploma,
他們不會懂得,為了獲得這個文憑,你花了多少時間學習。
the multiple jobs you worked to pay for school, the times you had to drive home and take care of your grandma,
為了交學費,你做了多少兼職工作,有多少次,你不得不開車回家去照顧奶奶。
the evenings you gave up to volunteer at a food bank or organize a campus fundraiser.
你放棄了多少晚上休息的時間,去做食品庫的志愿者或是志愿組織校園募捐。
They don't know that part of you.
他們不了解你的那一面。