Six people will leave their homes, jobs and friends,
六個人將會離開他們的家庭、工作和朋友。
to take part in research which for the past 40 years has been too controversial to undertake.
來參與一項過去40年因爭議過大而無法進行的實驗。
My fear is that I will start to lose my mind having nothing to do.
我擔心會因長時間無事可做而失去理智。
I can see meself pacing round the room
我肯定會在房間里到處踱步,
and getting frustrated that I can't actually go anywhere, that I've got to stay in one place for 48 hours.
然后一想到48小時都不能出去,得呆在同一個地方,會越來越煩躁。
Initially I wasn't that concerned, but as the date approaches,
剛開始時我沒太在意,但隨著日期臨近,
I find I'm feeling little ripples of trepidation.
我開始有一陣陣的恐懼感。
I've no idea how I'll be. I've no idea.
我不知道我會變成怎么樣。我不知道。
Maybe 48 hours in the dark's just what I need.
也許我就想試試48小時在黑暗中的感覺。
This disused nuclear bunker is the setting for a piece of research
這處棄用的核掩體是一項研究的實驗環境,
which is designed to study what happens to the brain when it's deprived of stimulation.
該研究旨在觀察大腦被剝奪感官后會出現什么現象。
In charge is Professor Ian Robins,
實驗負責人是伊恩·羅賓斯教授,
the man who treated some of the British Guantanamo detainees when they were released.
他曾治療過一些獲釋的英籍關塔那摩囚犯。
He's one of the country's leading experts in treating the victims of solitary confinement and torture.
他的專長在英國業界數一數二,治療經受過長時間單獨囚禁和折磨的人士。