By the time I got to making Black Swan, the experience was entirely my own,
當我拍《黑天鵝》時,整個經歷都是屬于我自己的,
I felt immune to the worst things anyone could say or write about me.
我感覺自己已經刀槍不入,不怕別人怎么用嘴噴怎么用筆罵。
And to whether the audience felt like to see my movie or not.
也不在意觀眾是否愿意到影院看我的片子。
It was instructive for me to see ballet dancers, once your technique gets to a certain level,
對我很有啟示的是,對于芭蕾舞者,當你的技巧達到一定高度后,
the only thing that separates you from others is your quirks or flaws.
唯一能讓你與他人不同的,就是你的怪異甚至瑕疵。
One ballerina was famous for how she turned slightly off balanced.
有位芭蕾舞者因轉圈的輕微不平衡而出名。
You can never be the best, technically.
從技術上說,你永遠不能做到最好。
Someone will always have a higher jump or a more beautiful line.
總有人比你跳的更高,或者有更美的姿態。
The only thing you can be the best at is developing your own self.
你唯一能做到最好的,就是發展你的自我。
Authoring your own experience was very much what Black Swan itself was about.
為你自己的體驗做主就是《黑天鵝》所講的事。
I worked with Darren Aronofsky the director whom changed my last line in the movie to: It was perfect.
達倫·阿倫諾夫斯基導演把我最后一句臺詞改成了:這真完美。
Because my character Nina is only artistically successful when she finds perfection and pleasure for herself,
因為我的角色Nina在藝術上的成功,只在為自己找到完美和愉悅之時出現,
not when she was trying to be perfect in the eyes of others.
而不是為了試圖在別人眼中變得完美。
So when Black Swan was successful financially and I began receiving accolades.
所以當《黑天鵝》取得商業上的成功,而我也開始得到贊揚之時,
I felt honored and grateful to have connected with people.
我覺得榮耀和感恩的是,我接觸到了人心。
But the true core of my meaning I had already established.
我已經建立了自己價值的真正核心。

And I needed it to be independent of people's reactions to me.
我需要它不受別人反應的影響。
People told me that Black Swan was an artistic risk.
大家告訴我《黑天鵝》是藝術上的冒險。
A scary challenge to try to portray a professional ballet dancer.
演藝職業芭蕾舞者是恐怖的挑戰。
But it didn't feel like courage or daring that drove me do it.
但我覺得促使我去演的并非是勇氣或膽量。
I was so oblivious to my own limits that I did things I was woefully unprepared to do.
而是我對自身局限的毫無所知,我對所做之事壓根沒有準備。
And so the very inexperience that in college had made me feel insecure and made me want to play by others' rules,
無經驗讓我在大學時缺乏自信,讓我愿意遵循他人的規則。
now is making me actually take risks. I didn't even realize were risks.
如今,它讓我敢于接受挑戰。那些我根本沒意識到是挑戰的挑戰。
When Darren asked me if I could do ballet,
當達倫導演問我是否能演芭蕾舞者時,
I told him that I was basically a ballerina which by the way I wholeheartedly believed.
我跟他說我基本就是個芭蕾舞者,當時我真心是這樣以為的。
When it quickly became clear that preparing for the film that I was 15 years away from being a ballerina.
很快,在準備拍攝時我才明白,我距離芭蕾舞者還差15年的功夫。
It made me work a million times harder and of course the magic of cinema and body doubles helped the final effect.
這逼著我多付出了數百萬倍的努力,當然特效和替身也幫忙造出了最終效果。
But the point is, if I had known my own limitations, I never would have taken the risk.
但關鍵是,如果我知道自己的局限,我絕對不會冒這個險。
And the risk led to one of my greatest artistic personal experiences.
而風險為我帶來了最棒的藝術體驗。
And that I not only felt completely free, I also met my husband during the filming.
我不僅感覺到完全的無拘無束,還在拍攝時找到了丈夫。