A 2008 study found that, based on the combination of tone, speed, frequency, words per minute and intonation,
2008年的一項研究發現,綜合音調、語速、頻率、每分鐘單詞數和語調等因素,
you have very close to the ideal voice.
您的聲音是非常接近配音的理想聲音的。
What is your first memory of someone bending to your will, strictly based on your verbal power?
在您的印象中,誰是最先因為您的聲音淪陷的?
My first dog, indeed all my dogs, have been delightfully susceptible to it.
應該是我養的第一只狗,實際上我養的所有狗狗都很喜歡聽我的配音。
Sadly, I do not find such success amongst humans.
遺憾的是,我在人類圈子里好像還沒有那么成功。
I remember Glenn Close telling me that when Robert Duvall heard she was doing The Real Thing with me,
我記得格倫·克洛斯曾經跟我說,當羅伯特·杜瓦爾聽說她是要和我一起讀《真品》的時候,
he asked, “How can you trust a f-cker who talks like that?”
他向她問道:“你怎么能相信一個那樣說話的XX呢?”
You’re performing in New York City in a demanding and critically acclaimed production of Eugene O'Neill’s Long Day’s Journey Into Night.
您馬上就要到紐約演出尤金·奧尼爾備受歡迎又非常具有挑戰性的《進入黑夜的漫長旅程》了。
Where does this role rank in terms of difficulty?
就難度而言,您認為這次的角色排第幾位?
Laurence Olivier, who played nearly everything, said that James Tyrone (the role Irons plays in Long Day’s Journey) was the hardest part he had ever attempted.
幾乎什么類型的角色都演過的勞倫斯·奧利弗曾經說,詹姆斯·蒂龍(艾恩斯在《進入黑夜的漫長旅程》中扮演的角色)是他嘗試過的所有角色中難度最大的角色。
I would agree—the hardest, and yet the most rewarding.
我同意他的說法——難度確實是最大的,但回報也是最大的。
O'Neill did not write this play to be performed,
奧尼爾當初創作這部作品并不是為了表演,
so performing it as written requires the actors to discover from what is on the page much that is not.
所以要按照原文那樣演就需要演員們從字里行間去挖掘更多的內容。
It is not possible to play without being emotionally present at each moment.
無論什么時候,不把感情投入進去根本就沒法兒演。
Doyou ever space out onstage?
你在舞臺上忘過詞嗎?
To “dry” is every actor’s nightmare.
“枯竭”是所有演員的噩夢。
I managed to do it on our press night (for the British production of Long Day’s Journey).
記者節(出演英國制作的《進入黑夜的漫長旅程》)的時候,我就遇到這事兒了。
In the Act IV scene with my son, my mind went blank.
在第四幕和我兒子的那場戲里,我的腦子突然空白了。
Eventually, I scoured from my brain a line which got me back on track
最后,我好容易從記憶中搜出了一條臺詞,挽回了場面,
as I felt the growing realization that I had cut four pages, which included my son’s major arias.
但我越來越意識到,我跳過了四頁的內容,其中還有我兒子非常重要的一場詠嘆調。
Fortunately, he cut back to where we should have been,
幸運的是,他又跳了回去,
leaving me with the unenviable task of repeating a page word-for-word.
最后,我不得不逐字逐句地把之前那一頁臺詞又重復了一遍。
I tried to inflect my lines completely differently to convince the audience
我試圖以完全不同的方式去表演那一段臺詞,以便說服觀眾
this was an example of the circular nature of O’Neill’s writing rather than my blunder.
這是奧尼爾循環寫作的一個例子,而不是我的失誤。
I’m not sure I succeeded.
我也不確定我最后成功了沒有。
Do you have a favorite line in Long Day’s Journey?
那部作品里您最喜歡哪一句臺詞?
"I fell in love with James Tyrone, and was so happy for a time."
“我愛上了詹姆斯·蒂龍,那時候我是那么的開心。”
譯文由可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載。