地點:中央公園咖啡館
人物:喬伊,瑞秋,錢德勒,岡瑟
事件:瑞秋已經厭倦了為她討厭的工作接受再培訓,喬伊和錢德勒認為瑞秋只有辭掉現在的工作才能有動力向前看。
劇情片段(場景:中央公園咖啡館內,岡瑟在給瑞秋進行再培訓。)
Joey: If you ask me, as long as① you got this job, you’ve got nothing pushing you to get another one. You need the fear.1
喬伊:要我說,只要你還有這份工作,就沒有找新工作的動力。你需要的是“恐懼”。
Rachel: The fear?
瑞秋:恐懼?
Chandler: He’s right. If you quit②this job, you then have motivation to go after③a job you really want.
錢德勒:他說得對,如果你辭掉這份工作,你就會有動力追求你心目中理想的工作。
Rachel: Well then how come you’re still at a job that you hate? I mean why don’t you quit and get “the fear”?
瑞秋:那為什么你還在做你討厭的工作呢?你怎么不辭職來獲得“恐懼”呢?
Chandler: Because, I’m too afraid.2
錢德勒:因為,我太害怕了。
Rachel: I don’t know. I mean I would give anything to work for a designer, y’know, or a buyer.... Oh, I just don’t want to be 30 and still work here.
瑞秋:我不知道,我是說,我愿意不顧一切地為設計師或采購員工作……哦,我就是不想到了30歲的時候還在這里工作。
Chandler: Yeah, that’d be much worse than being 28, and still working here.3
錢德勒:對,那是要比28歲了還在這里工作糟糕多了。
Gunther: Rachel?
岡瑟:瑞秋?
Rachel: Yeah.
瑞秋:干嘛?
Gunther: Remind④ me to review with you which pot is decaf and which is regular.
岡瑟:提醒我跟你復習哪壺是低因咖啡,哪壺是普通咖啡。
Rachel: Can’t I just look at the handles on them?
瑞秋:我難道就不能只看杯子的把手嗎?
Gunther: You would think.4
岡瑟:想得美。