地點:圣誕樹賣場
人物:喬伊,菲比
事件:菲比來到圣誕樹賣場找喬伊,告訴他她改變了對賣圣誕樹的看法,但是當她看到又老又小的圣誕樹被切片機切碎時,她又崩潰了。
劇情片段
(場景:圣誕樹賣場,喬伊正在工作,菲比來看他。)
Joey: Hey. What, what are you doing here?
喬伊:你在這里干什么?
Phoebe: Well, I–I thought a lot about what you said, and um. I realized① duh, all right maybe I was a little judgmental.1 Yeah, oh, but oh…
菲比:我想了很久你所說的話,我發覺,嗯,也許是我有點太主觀了。是啊,哦,可是……
Joey: Look now, Phoebe remember②, hey, they’re just fulfilling their Christmas....
喬伊:菲比,你看,記住,嘿,它們只是在實現它們的圣誕……
Phoebe: Destiny.
菲比:宿命。
Joey: Sure.
喬伊:沒錯。
Phoebe: Yes.
菲比:是的。
Joey: All right.
喬伊:好的。
Phoebe: Okay. Yikes! That one doesn’t look very fulfilled.2
菲比:好吧。哎呀!那棵樹看起來可不像實現了宿命。
Joey: Oh, that’s, that’s ah, one of the old ones. He’s just taking it to the back.
喬伊:哦,那是,那是,啊,一棵老樹,他只是把樹拿到后面。
Phoebe: You keep the old ones in the back? That is so ageist.3
菲比:你們把老樹放在后面?真是年齡歧視。
Joey: Well, we have to make room for③ the fresh ones.
喬伊:這樣才有地方放新鮮的樹。
Phoebe: So, what happens to④ the old guys?
菲比:那老樹怎么辦?
Joey: Well, they go into the chipper.
喬伊:老樹拿去切成碎片。
Phoebe: Why do I have a feeling that’s not as happy as it sounds?4
菲比:我怎么感覺好像不像聽起來那么快樂呢?
錢德勒:哦,過來,過來。聽我說,你是我最喜歡的人之一,而且還是我在現實中所認識的最漂亮的女人。