So we would get off work, and we didn't want to go home and bother our families,
所以我們下班后,并不想回家去打擾家人,
and we were hungry, so instead of going locally to eat something, we'd go,
餓的時候,往往就近找些吃的。我們會說:
"Wait, there's this great all-night deli in Long Beach, and we can get there in 10 minutes!"
“等等,長灘有一家通宵營業的熟食店,我們到那只要10分鐘!”
So we would drive down -- it was like the 60s, no traffic.
然后我們就開了過去,暢通無阻,就像是60秒。
We would drive down there, and the restaurant owners would go,
當我們到那時,餐館老板會說,
"Who are you people? And why are you at my restaurant at 3:00 in the morning?"
“你們是什么人?為什么凌晨3點來我的餐館?”
So they came to realize that there were these packs of Martians,
然后他們慢慢知道有一群火星人
roaming the LA freeways, in the middle of the night -- in the middle of the Earth night.
在午夜的洛杉磯游蕩,地球的午夜。
And we did actually start calling ourselves Martians.
我們確實開始管自己叫火星人。
So those of us who were on Mars time would refer to ourselves as Martians, and everyone else as Earthlings.
我們之中按火星時間工作的喜歡稱自己為火星人,其他人叫地球同胞。
And that's because when you're moving a time-zone every day, you start to really feel separated from everyone else.
這是因為當你每天都在改你自己的時區,你就會開始覺得和其他人疏遠了。
You're literally in your own world. So I have this button on that says, "I survived Mars time. Sol 0-90."
準確的說你活在自己的世界中。所以我有這個胸牌,“我在火星生存的時間:0--90天”。
And there's a picture of it up on the screen.
屏幕上顯示的就是這個胸牌。
So the reason we got these buttons is because we work on Mars time
我們帶這個胸牌是為了表明我們依據火星時間工作,
in order to be as efficient as possible with the rover on Mars, to make the best use of our time.
為了盡可能方便的和火星的漫游者工作,來合理利用我們的時間。
But we don't stay on Mars time for more than three to four months.
但是我們從不在火星時間下工作超過3-4個月。