1. The grass is always greener on the other side。
這山望著那山高(不滿足啊,不滿足!)
I know it it seems like a good idea now but the grass isn't always greener on the other side, you should think about it some-more before you decide.
我覺得這個主意聽起來不錯,不過也許還有更好的,在你做最終決定前,你可以再想一下。
2. beef
互相抱怨,發牢騷
They've got beef.
他們鬧矛盾了。
3. champ at the bit
等不及了
He was champing at the bit to go to the party.
他等不及去party玩了。
4. go gaga
瘋瘋癲癲
I went gaga when I saw my favorite band the other night.
那晚看到我喜歡的樂隊,我“瘋”了。(die for metal !!! )
5. an eager beaver
形容人“迫不及待”
Calm down, don't be such an eager beaver, we're about to leave now!
嘿,別著急,別那么迫不及待,我們馬上就出發了!
6. go back on one's words
說話不算數
If you agreed to meet a friend but then told them you were busy, you are going back on your word.
如果你答應了去跟朋友見面,但你又以“忙”為理由放了鴿子,那么你就是說話不算數了。
7. bite the hand that feeds you
恩將仇報
Don't bite the hand that feeds you, they might fire you!
別恩將仇報,他們可能會炒你魷魚。(對,我的心里只有工作)
8. not have the heart to do
不忍心
I'd tell my mum I really don't like her soups and they aren't very good, but I just don't have the heart too!
我好想告訴我媽,她做的湯不太好喝,我不喜歡。但,我就是不忍心。