I founded Unchained in 2011.
我是2011年成立的“終于解脫了”這一組織。
Since then, we have helped about 500 people to escape forced marriages.
這一路走來,我們已幫助了將近500人逃離了包辦婚姻的魔掌。
But more and more girls under 18 were reaching out to ask for help
然而,來向我們求助的未成年女孩兒越來越多了,
and we realize, under 18, there's almost nothing legally that we can do to help these girls.
我們也意識到,根本就沒有相關的法律程序能夠讓我們幫到那些未成年女孩兒。
Really the only way to help them is to change the laws.
唯一能幫到他們的辦法就是修改法律。
In many states, the loopholes in their marriage age laws were so gaping that they didn't specify any minimum age for marriage.
很多州關于結婚年齡的法律都有非常大的漏洞,他們根本就沒有最低結婚年齡的規定。
Thanks to your leadership, we're really, really hopeful that we can finally end child marriage in the United States.
感謝你的英明領導,我們真的真的非常希望我們能夠徹底結束美國的童婚現象。
We finally had our first victory.
最后,我們終于首戰告捷了。
Delaware became the first U.S. state to end child marriage.
特拉華州成了美國首個結束童婚的州。
And then, soon thereafter, New Jersey became the second state no marriage before age 18.
不久,新澤西州便成了第二個規定18歲前不準結婚的州。
We're using the democratic process.
我們正在發揮民主進程的作用。
We are raising awareness, and we're meeting with legislators one at a time;
我們也在提高大家對童婚、包辦婚姻的意識,還在和立法工作者們洽談;

and we hold these chain-ins as a form of protest that we invented where we gather
我們把鎖鏈戴在手上以示抗議,這是我們在集會的時候想到的,
and we all wear bridal gowns and veils,
我們一起穿上婚紗,戴上面紗,
and we chain our wrists to show legislators this is what life looks like for a girl or a woman who is forced to marry.
我們把鎖鏈戴在手上,是為了告訴立法人員女孩兒和女人們在強迫婚姻里過就是這樣的日子。
Every time I'm able to help somebody whose going through what I went through,
每當我幫到一個和我同病相連的人,
that never gets old; that feeling, it's so healing and empowering.
就會有那種感覺,會覺得特別特別治愈,也特別特別鼓舞人心。
And for all those that I couldn't help, especially the children, those under 18,
對于那些我沒能幫到的人,尤其是那些未成年人,
where there was nothing that we could do, passing those laws to end child marriage,
因為我們實在是有心無力,通過立法來結束童婚,
it's, you know, my message to them,
我想對他們說,
I'm sorry I couldn't help you, but this will never happen again, at least in this state.
對不起,我救不了你,但這種情況不會再發生了,至少在這個州不會。
Until I am too old to wear my heels anymore and too old to put on my red lipstick in the morning,
除非我已經老得穿不了高跟鞋,早晨涂不了紅口紅了,
I am going to be still fighting to end forced and child marriage in the United States,
我就會繼續為了結束美國的包辦婚姻和童婚而奮斗,
still helping the individuals who are affected by it and still pushing for policy change and legal change,
就會繼續幫助那些被這個問題困擾的同胞,就會繼續推動政策改革和法律改革。
and we're not giving up.
我們絕不放棄。