The study was, in many ways the beginning,
這個研究在很大程度上是他們后來做的一連串實驗的開端
one of the first studies they conducted. The book just came out recently, called "Thanks" by Robert Emmons, which is wonderful and traces through a lot more studies and research
這本書最近才出版,羅伯特·埃蒙斯寫的《謝謝》非常好的一本書,書中追蹤了很多研究和方法,
and exercise that you can do to become more grateful, to have gratitude as a way of life.
能幫助你變得更有感激之心,把感激培養成一種生活習慣
Physiological benefits such as our heart variability, which is a predictor of longevity, which is a predictor of health is increased. The parasympathetic system increases when we are grateful.
對身體的好處,包括心率變異性,它能預測我們是否能長壽,預測我們是否健康。當我們感激時,副交感神經系統功能增強
And that induces calm. And that strengthens our immune system.
使我們變平靜,從而加強免疫系統
There are also many benefits to trait gratefulness, so it is not just a state of being. It's also about the trait.
當感激成為我們的性格,還有很多好處,所以感激不只上一種心情,也是一種性格

How do we cultivate that? How do we cultivate that?
我們怎么培養感激
By doing it over and over again. I do this every night.
通過一次又一次的感激,我每晚都這么做
I've been doing it since 19th of September, 1999.
從1999年9月19日開始到現在
Since 19th of September, 1999, I've been doing it. I've been doing it long before the 2002 study.
從1999年9月19日一直做到現在。這個研究2002年才開始,而我早就開始了
I started to do it when Oprah told me to do it.
當奧普拉叫我這么做時,我就開始做了
Really. I've been doing it ever since.
真的,從那時起一直到現在
Let me share with you what I wrote about last night.
我和大家分享一下我昨晚寫的