6 February,1945
1945年2月6日
Darling, darling, darling.
親愛的,
This is what I have been waiting for, your freedom left me dumb and choked up,but now, oh now, I feel released.
我日思夜想,終將成真,你追求自由,讓我無所適從,但現在我終于解放了。
Oh Christopher, my dear, dear man, it is so,so wonderful.You are coming home.
噢,克里斯托弗,親愛的,這太好了,你終于要回家了。
Golly, I shall have to be careful, all this excitement is almost too much for my body.
不過我得多加小心,我這身體,已經承受不住太過興奮。
You must be careful too, darling,
親愛的,你也要多加小心,
all this on top of what you have been through, it is difficult to keep it down,but,
你所經歷的種種,很難壓抑,
you can’t help the excited twinges in your midriff, can you,
但是...這消息興奮得令人胃疼不是嗎?
do keep well,angel,
我的天使,你要保重身體。
I shall have to say that to myself as well.
我不得不對我自己也說那句話。
Marriage?
結婚?
my sweet, yes I agree, what you wish, I wish.
我的甜心,是的,我愿意,你的想法就是我的想法。
Whilst you are afraid, you will not be happy, we must get rid of these fears between us.
你擔心未來也許會不快樂,我們必須擺脫恐懼,
Also confidentially, I too am a little scared -
偷偷告訴你,我也有點害怕!
everything in letters appears larger than life size,
信里的內容似乎都已超越生命的長度,
like my photograph, it didn’t show the white hairs beneath the dark, the decaying teeth, the darkening skin,
就好像我的照片,看不出白發。因為藏在黑發之下,也看不見退化的牙齒,變黑的皮膚。
I think of my nasty characteristics, my ordinariness.
想著自己外表平凡,日益丑陋。
Yes, I too feel a little afraid.
是的,我也感到有些恐懼。
Still I can’t be bothered with that now, for we are going to meet, does anything else matter Chris?
不過,我現在不能為此而煩惱,因為我們即將相見,你覺得這些還重要嗎?克里斯?
Oh dear dear me, plan a week somewhere, bonk, up comes my heart, a week somewhere, by the sea, with you.
親愛的,我們找個地方共度一周吧,嘭!想想就很激動,與你去海邊共度一周,
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!